cut chop rebuild?

Rusty

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PB266790alminiz1b1.jpg

white '85 Datsun/Nissan 720 Drift truck. It is powered by an RB26DETT from a Skyline GTR, and as if that wasn't enough the turbine is a single RX6. The factory live axle+leaf spring rear suspension was ditched for that of an S13 and the brakes are from a Lancer Evolution. The radiator is mounted in the bed, along with a fuel cell and roll bar.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I just don't get it. Why would the guy do all of that work on the 620, fill the top of the bedsides, mold it into the cab and still leave the side bed and front fender seams??????? He went that far and didn't weld them in. Years ago there was a truck that a doctor's son had Kolor Me Kustom (Vini Bergeman) build with an all metel airdam, targa top and metal fender flares. You guessed it, He didn't even weld in the side seams!!! And KMK was the most highend shop of the day!! Ironically, Vini Bergeman went on to being anything "Ultra". Ultra wheels, Ultra boats, Ultra cycles and still to this day owns Ultra limosines. Ves, He is VERY well off!! Ultra limosines produces about 2 to 3 limos DAILY that are sold worldwide. The last time that I saw Vini was at the Pink Floyd Divisoin Bell tour at the Rose Bowl in I believe 1994.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if that is a photoshopped or really redone bed. I remember that photo and in My mind compared it to the stock bed that My fourdoor (and ALL fourdoors) came with. But now after looking, the wheelwell is more centered than a fourdoor bed. That is what I originally thought that He used. The fourdoor bed, however, has the wheelwell located EXTREMELY to the front of the bed. Who knows????????

fourdoor19732.jpg

NOW You can see why I'm building a LONGbed project!! That stock bed was way to ugly!! But, Yes, I have SAVED it (AND the stock fourdoor frame) for a possible someday restoration of how the fourdoor came from Nissan.

NOW You can see why I'm building a LONGbed project!! That stock bed was way to ugly!! But, Yes, I have SAVED it (AND the stock fourdoor frame) for a possible someday restoration of how the fourdoor came from Nissan.

I was thinkn of doing a 620 4 dr, 4x4 w/long box in a future project but wont the drive line b to loooonnnng, can u post sum pics of interior where the doors join 2gether & underside to give me sum ideas. :D