Nissan/Datsun

I just got done reading the book Nissan/Datsun: A History of Nissan Motor Corporation in U.S.A., 1960-1980. I found some of the tables pretty interesting. So, I thought I'd share. Hopefully, nobody will be concerned with copyright permissions.

Source:

Rae, John B. (1982). Nissan/Datsun: A History of Nissan Motor Corporation in U.S.A., 1960-1980. New York: McGraw Hill.

articleofinc.jpg

articleofinc2.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

6-2.jpg

7.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be working on you datsuns rather than reading this, and so should I. :lol:

Since I'm a thousand miles away, isn't this the best use of my time?

Then again, I suppose I could be scrounging around junkyards.

So the books on this Amazon link would contain all of the above info??

please say yes

Yes,

Like ggzilla said, it doesn't cover the early history. Just NMC-USA stuff. I thought it was pretty in-depth on that part of Datsun history. Rae also spends a lot of time covering NMC-USA's growth in relation to the automotive industry, in general, during that period of time. How Detroit reacted (eventually) to Japanese manufacturers coming to the U.S., the Chicken Wars, and so on. I recommend it. Helps you appreciate all the hard work that went into Nissan coming to the U.S., when you hear how hard each individual worked to sell each Datsun, and the philosophies they espoused in regards to the actual selling of cars and trucks as only the beginning of the sale.

But you already ordered one while I was typing this...

I checked it out from the library, but I'm going to order it, too.

And it includes a picture of the ever-elusive 420!

I have the unpublished version of 1960-80 that was updated and corrected in 1985 for republication as 25 years of Nissan in the USA, but it never got printed. I have probably the biggest library of Datsun related Books in North America - in 02, Nissan PR was asking me for stuff because i had more than them.

If you really want to know the history of Nissan and datsun, you need to read David Halberstams "the Reckoning" it tells Ford and Nissan from day 1 and reads like a novel.