Ladies and Ratsun-men...

does it still have the lz 22 in it

Yup! And a new battery. And a new voltage regulator. And no dirty smudges on her dainty little hands. She took it to :facepalm: Sears Auto Center at Clackamas Town Center.

Keep in mind, I haven't seen the truck in her possession. I do believe I've seen it at a Blue Lake show though, obviously under previous ownership.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

Drove it to work today. Big hit with my co-workers. Big hit with other drivers too. I got like 5 thumbs-up on my way to work. And 7 on my way home. On my way home even-I saw a B310 wagon coming up on me in the oncoming lane. So I stuck a finger up in the air at him. And he returned the sentiment. I love Ratsun!

Got to get underneath it. Pretty clean. Way better than I thought. Lubed up all the zerks. Shook down the front. Cleaned up the engine/bay quite a bit. Checked all the brakes. Wanted to bleed them all, but couldn't get the bleeders loose. All in all, pleased.

I did forget my camera, so no pics. Sorry.

I'm really falling for this truck. I've wanted one for a while. But now. I love it's character. It's personality. So much so, I think I'm scrapping my KA24DE plans.

I really just want to clean it all up. Replace brakes and suspension stuff. Lower it. El dizzy. Find me a new head and manifold. Throw some carbs at it. And run it. Maybe even a 5 speed. Or at least a 4 speed that isn't so sloppy.

Regardless...I'm an owner. And I couldn't be happier!

Very cool truck dude, your Sis has a cool ass ride too.

...that she didn't build, nor cares about keeping it ratsun. someone needs to go take the hood away from her.

And if you read thru NismoDr's build thread...you'd see that he has a cool ass ride too.

But thanx. It's cooler now than I thought it would be in 6 months!

I had the smae problem with my bleeders... ended up visegripping them out and taking one to the parts store to match... I think I paid 6 bucks for all 4 replacements.

Not a bad idea. I'd hate to break anything. Not to mention I'm sure it would be good measure to just put 4 new cylinders on it. No work, til i have replacements in hand. I really would hate to be without.

So this is a little bit overdue. I've had her for a week now. And I still get all giddy when I drive it.

So now I actually have some time to upload some pics, here they are.

If it wasn't 10 degrees outside, I'd be working, other than staring. But when this is what I wake up to, makes it hard to do much.

DSC04839.jpg

DSC04843.jpg

DSC04845.jpg

DSC04842.jpg

Oh snap!

Did this just become a build thread?

Found these at VatoZone when I was looking for air fresheners and hood pins. Couldn't pass 'em up.

Stockers were FUBAR! Much better.

DSC04856.jpg

DSC04855.jpg

Got these from an old boss. Ran into him, said he used to have the same year, same color. Told him I meant to go up to his shop and buy some spacers. He got on the phone, told his shop's manager that I would be by to snag some. All for the excellent price of FREE!

DSC04854.jpg

Now all I'm waiting for on the wheels is for my longer wheel studs to come in, and a smoking deal on a set of tires. I have some steel 15x7's at work. They're painted gray. Been mounted onto something, but didn't fit. Customer paid for them, and doesn't want them. They've been at my shop for months. Pics later.

Now for the show and tell.

One of the greatest things on the truck now is this...

DSC04858.jpg

The grill is super straight. Stoked. The only real problems are the trim around the grill.

DSC04866.jpg

DSC04868.jpg

This is missing. No. It's in the glove box. With the mounting posts broken off.

DSC04867.jpg

Now to the opposite side. This needs to go. TRBL!!!

DSC04869.jpg

Now we go inside. This shit is hideous!

When I do start to get around to working on 'er, the interior comes first.

DSC04863.jpg

DSC04864.jpg

DSC04865.jpg

DSC04862.jpg

DSC04861.jpg

Please Jesus, please. You can keep the fan shroud. Just please send a 520 dash my way.

What are my OE steering wheel options guys? I've been seeing some cool 280zx stockers. Or even some cool looking stuff from early-80's stuff. What fits? What needs work to fit? Pics of yours?

And now a few questions.

What mirrors got mounted here? Do you guys have any pics?

DSC04870.jpg

Next, what are any of you guys using as an antenna? I've never had a car with one. And I'm not really a fan of this one. I'd like to see one of those short CB antennas with the little chrome spring in it. That shit is just too coo.

DSC04871.jpg

And my final question for now...Does anyone have any ideas about a different wiper arm assembly? I do not trust this "slip it into the dot" kind. Does something from a different car work? What are my options?

DSC04872.jpg

Congrats flatcat, you've got me going down memory lane with your excellent purchase. And we love the "artsy" pics. It'll take good care of you for sure...

My first car 30+ years ago was a late 60's Datsun 1600 pickup, I thought I was the stud of the corral driving it to college. I put some junkyard Pinto buckets in it to replace the ratty old bench, fixed the brakes, found a header and a Weber for cheap, put an 8-track in the glove box, and drove the shit out of it for years. I'm gonna go hunting through a bunch of old shoeboxes full of photos to see if I can find a pic of it.

Congrats flatcat, you've got me going down memory lane with your excellent purchase. And we love the "artsy" pics. It'll take good care of you for sure...

My first car 30+ years ago was a late 60's Datsun 1600 pickup, I thought I was the stud of the corral driving it to college. I put some junkyard Pinto buckets in it to replace the ratty old bench, fixed the brakes, found a header and a Weber for cheap, put an 8-track in the glove box, and drove the shit out of it for years. I'm gonna go hunting through a bunch of old shoeboxes full of photos to see if I can find a pic of it.

This truck has sparked alot of people's memories around me. Grandpa is searching now for a new project. My old boss is searching too. The things that Datsun's do to people. If you had read my "is there something wrong with me?" thread, you'd understand my girlfriends standpoint on cars. She loves this truck.

You guys in Washington State have all the cool shit.nice find keep the oics comin..

Not where I'm at. It's like Datsun's all got sold out on the coast before they made it out to the desert.

Thanx though. You can set your clock on me getting more pics as the progress ensues.

Ive never had an problems with the factory style wipers on my 521, Couldnt tell you anything about the antenna as my 521 has never had one or a radio for that matter, as for the mirror(s) Ive only got one on my drivers side door, I'll get pics of it in a few