NEVER BEFORE SEEN IN A 620

620Reaper

All right guys this is my first time on a forum, want to start off by greeting all my fellow datsun owners! I own a 75 620 with an L16 5speed and bought it for $200!!!! Im some what new to this datsun scene but not new to the nissan family. I have a few question about the 510 and the 620 engine bay are the motor mounts by any chance the same? Ive been looking for conversion kits for the 620 and have not had any luck. Just found some Ka24 motor mounts on ebay but i guess they're sold, never saw them again. I wouldnt mind a KA swap in my truck I have a few friends that have done SR swaps in 240's and they say that you dont need SR mounts, the KA's fit. You just put the right mount on the left and the left on the right, sounds simple. But by any chance can anyone help. WHAT I REALLY WANT TO DO TO MY TRUCK IS STICK A VQ35HR ENGINE IN IT WITH A 5 LUG CONVERSION AND A C4 CORVETTE DIFFERENTIAL.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you're gonna have to fab a ton of stuff for the corvette rearend, so why are you asking about motor mounts?

to me this sounds like

"how do i put a v8 in a 620"

"how do i bag a 510"

if you can fab up a vette rearend in any car, you could build motor mounts with your eyes closed

you're gonna have to fab a ton of stuff for the corvette rearend, so why are you asking about motor mounts?

to me this sounds like

"how do i put a v8 in a 620"

"how do i bag a 510"

if you can fab up a vette rearend in any car, you could build motor mounts with your eyes closed

When i bought my truck it wasnt running the firing order was wrong. Im asking about motor mounts so i can stick a KA in my truck cause Im from a small city in Az and i havent had any luck finding any L series engines. Theres something wrong with mine now. It dont stay on and when i drive it, it bogs and later on turns off. And the whole VQ and vette fab is just something i would like to do cause i want a LS differential.

What year of the Z and what year of the Subaru would i have to find? And do you know anyone thats done it?:o

http://kmhafer.datsu....com/Subaru.htm

Z, I don't know, any? This would be a lot of work though? Why not just do, this (basically): http://community.rat...y-frontier-win/

Subaru, most, not some of the newer ones though.

Most people, either have, or are planning to (it seems).

Also, I'm just saying, if you can't make your own motor mounts (or don't have the tools), you won't be able to do an IRS swap from either a Z or a even swap a different solid axle in. I'm just sayin...

Why do you want to do a 'vette rearend/diff?

Also, welcome, and you should post pics of your truck.

http://kmhafer.datsu....com/Subaru.htm

Z, I don't know, any? This would be a lot of work though? Why not just do, this (basically): http://community.rat...y-frontier-win/

Subaru, most, not some of the newer ones though.

Most people, either have, or are planning to (it seems).

Also, I'm just saying, if you can't make your own motor mounts (or don't have the tools), you won't be able to do an IRS swap from either a Z or a even swap a different solid axle in. I'm just sayin...

Why do you want to do a 'vette rearend/diff?

Also, welcome, and you should post pics of your truck.

biggrin.gif

The reason i choose to go with the C4 differential is because i would still like a daily driver. I want to be able to kick some AZ ass with a little truck while im pulling a nissan titan.:cool: If you look at the C4 differential they're BEEFY and look like they can take a good beatingbiggrin.gif I also want a 5 lug conversion, and a VQ35HR so i can still have some good gas mileage top end power and some good'o nissan power!wink.gif the HR VQ in the 350z's run about 13 sec. in the 1/4 mile! That car weights about 3200lbs while my truck weights 2700lbs that means ill be faster then a 2011 5.0 mustang for less the price. Ill have pics of my truck and also of all the differential and engine.:cool:

I would fab my own mounts if i had the tools to do it.:(

how do you expect to do a KA or VQ swap or the vette rear if you cant fab?

we dont have the luxury of kits for our old dattos. 99% the time if you want to do something you have to go build it yourself.

how do you expect to do a KA or VQ swap or the vette rear if you cant fab?

we dont have the luxury of kits for our old dattos. 99% the time if you want to do something you have to go build it yourself.

Very true and i agree! i guess its time to invest in some welding equipment! :blink: i just bought my truck too! I guess im trying to do all this with hopes and dreams.:rolleyes: but it dont hurt to spread the idea and see if someone else might want to do the same!;)

An IRS of any type in any datsun truck is completely pointless.

Arent IRS differentials suppose to improve handling? If they were pointless they wouldnt exist. IRS diff's are good for any type of racing scene. Straight axles in my opinion are really good for 1/4 miles and hauling stuff.