NEVER BEFORE SEEN IN A 620

620Reaper

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to the fact that there are many 6 lug trucks out now and many older ones on the road it is just as easy to find 6 lug wheels as it is 5. I found mine at schwab. And if you are looking to ever have an adjustable suspension ie. bagged, you will want a solid axle. All stock IRS setups are not designed to move more than a couple inches. I have seen lots of toyotas that will never have a good set of rear tires due to a IRS setup. SDC10649.jpg

Due to the fact that there are many 6 lug trucks out now and many older ones on the road it is just as easy to find 6 lug wheels as it is 5. I found mine at schwab. And if you are looking to ever have an adjustable suspension ie. bagged, you will want a solid axle. All stock IRS setups are not designed to move more than a couple inches. I have seen lots of toyotas that will never have a good set of rear tires due to a IRS setup. SDC10649.jpg

Thanks!:D Nice truck by the way!:cool: That toyota looks Hella sick too! I use to have one.

question for you guys... how do i start a build thread... what should i start it on..

Got to top of page under the 'rats a wrenches' logo, click on FORUMS, scan down to PROJECT DATTO, click, go over to the right and click on START NEW TOPIC. Put in a title that isn't too cryptic and makes sense so it's easy for the search engine to find by others. Post lots of good quality before pictures and some descriptive text. Treat it like a blog with comments like how you would like it to look and what your plans are. Don't forget this isn't a personal diary so you will get criticisms and contrary opinions along with help. You don't have to add every day but keep it up to date. I find a project or build thread is a great motivational device. It's nice to look back and see your progress and it can help keep you an track. Don't forget the pictures and here's some help posting pictures online.

• 4 weeks later...

i would ditch the c4 irs set up. there are two types, the dana 36 and dana44. even if you could get a dana 36 that came only in automatic equiped cars, it's weak. it can't really handle the abuse well from 400hp on up and towing will shorten the life quickly. the dana 44 can handle any amount of power you throw at it, and comes only in stick shift cars. the 44 is highly sought after and to get one of these you are going to pay up the ass for it, as it is more than double the price.

instead, just buy a used q 45 and swap it all into you 620. the q already comes with irs.