Project jigsaw

izzo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

Shot some starter fluid in her and cranked it over a few times, started up for a second. Pinged a bit prolly from not getting enough fluid in all cylinders to run properly, but oh well. Soon as the shit from Jegs gets here ill get her running.

Going to get a gallon of gas tomorrow and test the fuel pump, after i mail something to Bob3

She runs, and like shit! HAHAHAH

Need to bolt the dizzy down, get a bolt for the timing adjustment part of the dizzy. Need to tighten the damn oil filter relocation stuff (fucking forgot, oil all over my drive way) Need to pull the intake/exhaust mani off and toss on a new gasket, was leaking like a mofo. Could hear it sucking in air, and yes im sure it was from the gasket. I could put my finger over a certain spot and feel it sucking in air.

No biggy, few adjustments, some minor tweaks and she should be a solid runner. Gas tank dont have enough gas so just ran a line to a gas can. Ran smooth a little bit, but cuz of the vacuum leak kinda poopish. Hopefully the weekend brings a little bit of sunshine, if so i can get those things buttoned up, bracket for throttle cable done.

Need to finish getting the dash board together, its almost there, seat covers are on, need to finish bolting the seats down. Carpet, then trade/sell these tires and get some smaller ones that dont rub. I should have a driver in a few weeks

first thing i did today was pull the intake/exhaust off and replace the gasket. it was fucked...

IMG_20110130_110116.jpg

Then i noticed the dizzy pedalstool is stripped, ill have to get another one. Then i noticed one the studs are stripped, ill have to replace that later on too, should have done it now, but its fine for now.

Removed the oil filter relocation kit for now, might sell it :unsure:

put it all back together, and shes running. I need to make a bracket for the throttle cable then shes a runner. Think im goin to ditch the saturn alt and go with a nissan IR alt. wish the original wiring wasn't cut :(

IMG_20110130_122152.jpg

IMG_20110130_122159.jpg

moar pics later

Throttle cable is installed and works great. just need a spring so it returns itself.

Skunk, i put the oil filter relocation deal in my shed (stays dry inside) I dun cut myself on the braided shit, twice. so i would gladly be rid of it.

Going to keep the alt for a while, can't afford to replace it right now. unless someone has a newer IR alt they wanna trade...

Throttle bracket is just temp, i used parts laying around to mock something up. I know where it should go and itll work fine. It stays far enough from the manifold to not get hot either. Started raining, otherwise i would have welded up a proper bracket. But at least itll move under its own power again

IMG_20110130_152906.jpg

IMG_20110130_152803.jpg

IMG_20110130_152748.jpg

IMG_20110130_122159.jpg

Why is there a Ratsun sticker on your oil filter? You know you gotta throw that thing away :lol:

Also, I see the way that you mounted the Dizzy, the matchbox is on the side next to the exhaust manifold. I'm not sure, but I would think that the heat would be bad for it. You can flip it 180 degrees around so that it's constantly getting air blown across it by the fan.. that's how I mount mine. It may not make any difference, but I thought I might mention it.

Good stuff man, keep it up ;)

Why is there a Ratsun sticker on your oil filter? You know you gotta throw that thing away :lol:

Also, I see the way that you mounted the Dizzy, the matchbox is on the side next to the exhaust manifold. I'm not sure, but I would think that the heat would be bad for it. You can flip it 180 degrees around so that it's constantly getting air blown across it by the fan.. that's how I mount mine. It may not make any difference, but I thought I might mention it.

Good stuff man, keep it up ;)

LOL. The ratsun sticker was on the oil filter when I bought the car, i thought the same thing you did. Same with the dizzy, like that when i got it. :rolleyes:

The oil filter relocation system has been removed, i don't see any point of having it on a street/autocross car. I believe it was added for cool factor. Sucks theres holes in the strut tower from it <_< Its not like the oil filter is hard to get to, i didn't see the point of adding those big ass hoses just to run it to the strut tower??? Took up space in the engine bay and made it look cluttered. Oh well, i told skunk if i get rid of it he can have it. so its his again lol...

Good point on the matchbox. my 720 ran that way and never had any issues, but probably do it just to be safe. Thanks man. Need a return spring on the carb, smaller tires then shes road.

LOL. The ratsun sticker was on the oil filter when I bought the car, i thought the same thing you did. Same with the dizzy, like that when i got it. :rolleyes:

The oil filter relocation system has been removed, i don't see any point of having it on a street/autocross car. I believe it was added for cool factor. Sucks theres holes in the strut tower from it <_< Its not like the oil filter is hard to get to, i didn't see the point of adding those big ass hoses just to run it to the strut tower??? Took up space in the engine bay and made it look cluttered. Oh well, i told skunk if i get rid of it he can have it. so its his again lol...

I bet it'd make oil changes a messy endeavor :rolleyes: Yeah, I don't see the point on a street/auto-x car...

Good point on the matchbox. my 720 ran that way and never had any issues, but probably do it just to be safe. Thanks man. Need a return spring on the carb, smaller tires then shes road.

Nice dude, you think it'll be done for the Polar Bear cruise on the 12th? I'd love to see it there.

I bet it'd make oil changes a messy endeavor :rolleyes: Yeah, I don't see the point on a street/auto-x car...

Nice dude, you think it'll be done for the Polar Bear cruise on the 12th? I'd love to see it there.

:rofl: Messy you say? First i forgot it was loose, skunk told me it was i r just tarded... Ran it, got oil all over the ground. So i pulled it out today, and it was coming out of the hoses, i pulled it out as fast as i could but still got it on the car, and some nice designs on the ground as i ran towards a bucket (duh..)

Don't think itll be ready for polar bear cruise, but well see! Ill work on it again next weekend and take it for a test cruise