izzo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better take a video!! It drivable??

You tell me :)

I've just done the engine.. haven't gone through the rest of it yet. As soon as I break the engine in for the first 15 minutes, then I'll check everything else over before I go and drive it around. The clutch slave looks to be leaking, and of course that CV in the front needs to be replaced. I'll definitely flush the brakes, too.

You tell me :)

I've just done the engine.. haven't gone through the rest of it yet. As soon as I break the engine in for the first 15 minutes, then I'll check everything else over before I go and drive it around. The clutch slave looks to be leaking, and of course that CV in the front needs to be replaced. I'll definitely flush the brakes, too.

Yeah, slave needs replaced. it was funky when i had the truck. I never drove it, dunno! Id def bleed the brakes, clutch, maybe some new trans fluid. you use the 4 speed in there or put that 5 speed i sold you in?

I'm using the 4 speed for the break-in process. I did put the L-series bellhousing on the 5-speed, so as soon as the engine is broken in, I'll do a few things like put on the SU's, swap in the 5-speed, and then do the exhaust. Also gonna do everything else necessary, like the CV, etc... I've learned to eat my elephants one bite at a time ;)

I'm using the 4 speed for the break-in process. I did put the L-series bellhousing on the 5-speed, so as soon as the engine is broken in, I'll do a few things like put on the SU's, swap in the 5-speed, and then do the exhaust. Also gonna do everything else necessary, like the CV, etc... I've learned to eat my elephants one bite at a time ;)

Same, pretty sure the 81-82 cvs will fit. id order both at the parts place, and bring those in and verify. That trucks got enough tread on it for you to cruise around a little bit (tho its gonna look funny on them little tires)

LOL

i saw what was going on with it behind the differential. looks like it could use a good hook for that rubber to hang it on. didn't see it hit anything else tho? Just flop around in the differential skeleton

ya it just needs to be hung up lol it hits the corner of the axle/diff flange

Put 3 gallons of gas in it, hooked up the fuel lines again. put a return spring on the throttle. Seems to run smooth, but i can hear something odd from the exhaust. Ill have to take a video to explain. timing might be off, but seems to run alright where its at. Thinking about taking it for a spin down the block :hyper: :frantics:

brake pedal goes to the floor, i can pump it and it holds for a second, then hit the brakes again it goes back to the floor. Going to bleed the brakes this weekend and see if that cures it. Clutch is a little funny too, think ill bleed that for shits n giggles as well (weather permitting) Dont think this is going to make it to polar bear cruise, always got the 521!

Video is uploading now of the noise its making, nothing serious, but somethings off. Soon as its posted ill put a link up

• 3 weeks later...