Looking to build a Racecar

All things equal, displacement beats shorter stroke. Running 1770 in a 2300 limit is just wrong headed. You are giving away too much. Find a Z20E it has stock flattop pistons and 6" rods and the crank is fully counter weighted so it will rev all day. Stick a L20B head on it or swap into an L20B, all Nissan parts. Over bore the L20B block and install Z22 crank/rods/pistons for and LZ22.

Thank you - sound like GREAT ADVICE - any idea what Horse power that be ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a link to a guy in Missouri who used to be on this forum but seems to no longer be active here. He races local fairground dirt ovals in the 4 cyl class in a 510 Wagon. As far as I'm concerned, this is the only car I would build to your class's rules if ya wanted to be cool as well as fast. But then again, I'm a little biased... Weld up the rear end, paint it red, pitch it sideways, and get it dirty!

wagon dirt oval racer

• 1 month later...

All things equal, displacement beats shorter stroke. Running 1770 in a 2300 limit is just wrong headed. You are giving away too much. Find a Z20E it has stock flattop pistons and 6" rods and the crank is fully counter weighted so it will rev all day. Stick a L20B head on it or swap into an L20B, all Nissan parts. Over bore the L20B block and install Z22 crank/rods/pistons for and LZ22.

Can you clarify this? Is putting the Z22 parts in the L20B another option instead of using the afore mentioned Z20E parts?

Thanks

Eric

from what ive seen in the rules you posted a 1200/ b210/ 210(b310) would be your best bet very small light weight the biggest displacement motors to come stock didnt come close to the max displacement you list

i personally would take a b210 2 door sedan

7720Datsun20B21020ice20proof_55.jpg

drop a built l18 in it

briansdatsunpics020.jpg

280zx front strut swap with coilovers fit the widest wheels you can on it so you get as much traction as possible and beat the pants off of the other boys at the track

• 1 month later...