Score of the Century

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stop it...just stop it right now! after the barrett-jackson weekend i am having serious issues with this car collecting stuff. i heard this story about a year ago, but that doesnt make it any less interesting! i caught 21 hours of that auction this weekend and now im wanting to build a 50's merc....dang it. oh yeah, already scheduled vacation time today around the good guys car show in nashville too....thats a great read man!

There was an article about that find in HOT ROD around 6 months ago. It said that the guy was just one of those weird guys that hoards stuff. At least he kept it stored in the right way instead of just letting it rot outside like some datsun guys do...you guys know who you are.

Wow. Seems like everyone is finding car stashes these days. :) This was posted about a year ago:

http://jalopnik.com/cars/retro/open-sesame-warehouse-opening-in-portugal-reveals-forgotten-collection-231918.php

I read somewhere that the barn of cars existed but the story of buying the property it was on was made up for effect... urban legend stuff.

Still.... every time I see a closed garage or barn I want to look inside.

When I was growing up in Arlington I used to frequent the home of a fellow Mopar enthusiast. He took me to his old barn outside of town one day. An old barn out on the edge of the field. Inside was (and maybe still is) An AAR Cuda, T/A Challenger, a Hemi Challenger (26 original miles, 1/4 mile only car), '69 Hemi Roadrunner and a 440 six pack Charger R/T. Not mentioning the parts there too.