a different approach at rear coilovers

charlie6178

so rear suspension is in but need to do a little more cutting to get the ride high LOW. gonna work on it more next week an get the front suspension on. here is a couple pics of the rear suspension basically done.

tillersshit033.jpg

tillersshit038.jpg

tillersshit034.jpg

tillersshit037.jpg

tillersshit036.jpg

tillersshit035.jpg

tillersshit031.jpg

tillersshit032.jpg

and one of my car :P front susp. is 5in wider

tillersshit024.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your going to need some insane spring rates to make this worth it like 2000lb springs

Why would he need 2000# springs? I would say 900-1200# should be just about right depending on his intended use of the car.

• Like 1

For sure. I run 1200# springs to give me ~300# wheel rate. The leverage ratio for a spring in the stock location is 3.8:1. So multiply whatever wheel rate you want to run by 3.8 and that will give you the spring rate for the stock location.

update

tiller2004.jpg

tiller2005.jpg

tiller2009.jpg

tiller2012.jpg

tiller2015.jpg

tiller2016.jpg

got the coils in all around. sitting pretty good has 6in of adjustablity in front and about 3in in the rear. alot of camber in front ( soon to have camber plates) an not to bad n the rear do to the slotted crossmember. also fitted the valance and remounted te fenders. a very productive night.

it's sitting pretty low now lol

i have the fiberglass valance on it, and the spook on it now, aswell as ll of the front trim (hood trim is on now)

it looks AWESOME! i can't decide if i want to put the front bumper on it yet tho. i guess we will see when we roll it outside and can step back and take a better look.

i broke out the plasma cutter this weekend and built a set of rear brake brackets, now we are just waiting on our local baxters to get the 200SX rotors in today so we can throw it all on and hook up the lines! then.... it'll be on the road once again!

my boy jason hooked it all up and got me a homie hookup on a B210 power booster and master setup too :) more pics to come!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

the 84-88 200sx s12 uses about the same set up as this. megan sells it for 800 on ebay. if you convert to the s12 front crossmember and power rack then use the s13 (240sx) hubs and brakes (wich is what im doing) there a direct bolt... ROFL. and the car dont look that bad im looking at it sitting in my garage right now and it looks far cleaner then my gutted/butchered 4 door.

plus i think as low as he s going he wont need to worry about tightening the screw cause the suspension will be bottomed out any way.

is magan still out their?, mike