wtb head parts

looking for

spray bar or how and what to make it from

good cam or where to have one gound. I autocross my dime in small local events so i would like good pull low i so far have only seen 3rd gear 1 time

Intake for s/u's

REAR CROSSMEMBER BUSHING I have been looking for theaes for awhile any leads would be great

THANKS FrEaKy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.nissanparts.cc/cart/?pn=m-99996-D1087&submit.x=9&submit.y=3

if a cam breaks in half then the head is warped(i assume)

If rocker arm Lobe wear a new rocker must be used on a new cam evertime. No used parts.

Mr-auto-parts.com has new rockers for 13$ apc

Baz in Austrailia doesnt use Spray bars but ASK Byron510 on the realm on his feelings of a spray bar. I know the canadians go up there on there cams and some use them ,some dont.

I would get the turbo/KA pump for sure if you have proplems. I run the stock pump myself but my cams are not that big.

Jeff Hino(icehouse) I believe distributes Bryon's adjustable brackets, But i know he has tire wear proplems right now.

i have about 5 cams (3 are stock U20-untouched) other 2 = ???

few $$ ea, plus shipping and theyre yours.

my spraybar was from a Z??? and was modified to fit inside the cover.

the "how too..." book has details on the work necessary.

supposedly only necessary w/lift .510" or bigger...

suspension.com should have all the bushings you need.

i now a guy who runs a nissan dealership and i used to run autocross with in spokane he had a 510 that sounded like it had a v8 in it the cam he was running was HUGE i have the specs and am looking for a good place to have it reground. hang510 shot me your # and i will call you i will look in to the oil pump. My cams break at the 1 cylinder and its funny the Damn car still runs like shit but it runs

Cam actuually breaks into 2 pcs??????

do you install the cam with the towers already on then put it on the head or you slide it into the towers and can tell if everything it straight?

I would buy new cams myself they soulddt be that much more

Isky(nissanmotorsports)

Schneider

Webcamshafts

I have a Local ground DeltaCamshft out of Tacoma but what they advertise is not per spec. They say 450 lift and I foind out its stock but longer duration.

I wouldnt waste my time on a 450 lift. Go bigger!

I also assume you have spare lash pad sizes in case you need to adjust the rocker arm wear.

Use New Rockers everytime you use a new cam otherwise youll be swapping them out

yes 2 pcs and it still ran on 1 cly funnest thing i ever saw sitting on the side of the road going was the f%#@ just happen car still running about 450rm would rev to 1250 i had no idea it was broke when i turned the motor off it rolled over and matched up to the break so with the valve cover off we tapped the starter and my partner just fell over in laughter said he has nver seen a engine run on just 1 cyl.so the cam broke inside the first journal.I keep the short haft it hangs on the wall

i should have posted anywhere but delta.

everyone i know that has got a cam from them said it was wrong from V8 -4cyls.

Like some of the other dimers I am stuck to a budget so a name brand cam would be a little out of my price range.

as for the assembly of the cam and it workings i have a freind whos father ownes a machine shop I have them put it together (they dont do cams) I think its from using older stock cams but Thanks for the input

also the grind i am looking for is a 254-510 its supposed to pull from 2000rpm

those # came for jermko nissan

shit I should just buy a done up head iam am not the brightest light in the gargae to be honest i really just drive since i moved over to this side of the world i have not found any datsun people in my town. Really I have the only Datsun 510 car/sedan in town I have seen 2 wagons and a 74 510 but no 68-73 510 and it sucks ass the colest group is in van and they get together on tuesdays I have checked it out once it was fun working on a toyota ???????????? but hey we all need to get around It kind of a drive for me so if you live around Longview/Kelso help:confused:

Delta Cam does do good work. But everyone I know that has had a Datsun cam reground it han't lasted. It seems that stock Datsun cams arent hard enough throughout. Its like they are just case hardened and when they regrind they find themselves into the soft stuff. My 2 cents

Freaky

If the cam breaks there is a bind somewhere on the head or not getting oil , but i think you would destroy the cam towers also.Or the wipe pattern is so far off the rocker is just chopping at the lobe. I guess only you would know what it sounds like before it went

Delta is alright I guess. just make sure the specs are correct.

I had bought 3 Cams at 33$ apc with core swapps. Then I take them to work to Mike them out and find out the lift was not as advertised. I emailed them back and Low and Behold ,no response!!!!!!!!!

My beater has a Delta regrind(Isky clone) have had it for 20k miles. and no proplems. Is a little wear I can tell. But I just say buy NEW!!!!!!!! with NEW rockers and once your done your done. Put the head on a L16 18 or 20.

A bump for the rear crossmember bushings.

And if i were to buy a cam New what Brand is the most recemened buy you ratsun guys/gals.

I just came in to some mad money (people paid their debts) and as the post has gone its obious that i would like to buy a cam.

I try to autocross. I really dont drive the car to often.

the plan i was planning on was

change to dual s/u's

get a cam

spray bar

oil pump

fix or get new msd box

recurve a mallory dual point dist

goto goto work... later

what head are you using?

spray bar is probaly going to be overkill. :cool:

i scored on a NEW isky, by luck, it should have been a regrind :sneaky:

also considered schneider.

get a e-dizzy (or pertronix) and dont bother w/ dual points.

the MSD box wont be necessary w/the correct black box e-dizzy.

what box is it? whats 'broken' on it? if its a 6A and you want to trade it ???

you got paid? triple the prices i sent ya then :fu: :lol:

so the pertronics is a better set up I have one of those but :(the msd has aways been good to me.and the box its realy my lasy ass hasent put it all together:D okay so skip the spray bar even though i want a high rev.cam?

damn me and and my big mouth and the wife is pulling one of those who are u talking to trip so all say hi. she hates my avatar

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DatsuNoob
you are the first person that i have ever heard say anything good about delta. Do you work for them???lol:lol:

There's nothing wrong with Delta Camshaft, I used to deliver parts to those guys all the time when I worked at National Auto Parts in high school, when they were still located on Tacoma Ave. They made me a couple 272* cams for $150 for my GTI, which were alot better than my stock one. They give better deals when buying more than one, and when you got a buddy that needs one(like I did), $75 for a brand new performance cam can't be beat.

My friend got his cam reground and his rockers done for around $160 from delta.I keep telling him to get the correct lash pads.I dont know who did mine but with reconditioned rockers it was $175 shipped from ebay.$40 for lash pads.I checked both and lift was correct.

The only way I can imagine a cam breaking in half is at super high rpms something letting loose and locking up the cam.I would imagine the chain would break first.Most cases for me if a head is warped too bad the engine would seize up and not even turn.

Check with http://www.webcamshafts.com They have decent prices and many sizes.If you want I can probably get a cam and rockers done through work and not have to pay until its done.I am going to check into it anyways since I will be changing my 510 motor to a LZ24 and must have a bigger cam.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.