510 15x8/10 rims??

FiveTenzo

I ran some SSR MKII's 16x8 +25 offset with 205/45/16 tires on the rears and still had about a little more than an inch clearance to the fender. I currently run BBS's 15x8's -2 offset with 195/50/15 tires. I have about 1 or 2mm clearance to the arm and about 1/2 inch to the fender. My rear fenders are rolled.

Keep in mind the tire size and rim offset.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am running into the same problemwith my dime .. to hack or not to hack .. I currently have 16x7 +25 and there is no room (i mean none) to go wider. Its amazing I dont rub now. But that being said I got major traction issues.. which is fun and all but im trying to determine what mods I can make to run 8 or 10 inch wide wheels.. My dime while not the best looking :) is really straight and the rear fenders are completely untouched. not even ever rolled.so im a bit weary about messing with them. If I do I plan on rolling the rear lips and notching the rear arms to get some more clearence but im trying to figure out just how much I can get without going all out and hacking things up and bolting on flares .. without a bunch of wheels sitting around to be able to play with fitment its pretty tough to figure out. I think 10" wide wheels is asking a lot but 8's are doable and I can use every bit of rubber hitting the road i can get.

Maybe if we can get some people to post what they are running in the rear and what mods are required that would be good.

Know what im gonna do Ben? My 510 is all stock body no rust. Im gonna buy a beater and build the dogshit out of it. I was looking at another thread and this guy is selling his 510 with an sr whatever and says its about 200hp,says he spent about 6k on motor? That seems like an awful lot of money for 200hp?

Know what im gonna do Ben? My 510 is all stock body no rust. Im gonna buy a beater and build the dogshit out of it. I was looking at another thread and this guy is selling his 510 with an sr whatever and says its about 200hp,says he spent about 6k on motor? That seems like an awful lot of money for 200hp?

Sr swap costs about 6000

I would say what matters more is tire size. You can run a 15x8 with 205's but bet you can't run a 15x7 with 215 or 225's. Also, 4 door and wagons suffer. How wide of tires has somebody run on a 4 door or wagon?

I think your right on the money foo,I belive my tires are 205's.I will check tonight.

• 3 weeks later...