New to Ratsun

Hello,

I have a 1973 Datsun 620, L16, MT and a 1985 nissan 200sx Notchback, 2.0, MT. :love:

200sx1xc1.th.jpg

6206gf0.th.jpg

These are lots of fun. I enjoy driving and upgrading them. Especially the 620, Can't go wrong here...no emissions to worry about, nothing but metal under the hood, simple to work on.

Right now I am working on getting the 620 running again...I replaced the carb and couldn't get it started, I think I know the problem. I used a graphite lube when I cleaned off the intake valves while replacing the intake/exhaust manifold gasket and did get some into the cylinders. This could have coated the spark plugs with graphite...which I think is conductive, causing the spark plugs not to fire. :o

The 1985 200sx is in need of a air flow meter cleaning and replacement injector collars (the plastic holders that hold them in place). Other than that and a slight power steering leak at the pump, the car is sound.

Thanks for looking.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:)Thanks for the welcome.

I agree, hubcaps would look great. I plan on working on the cosmetics once I get the mechanicals done....soon.

I am a lab tech/medical assistant. I work in an urgent care in Canby where I run the lab, help with patients in the urgent care, and I do occupational drug screens/breath alcohol and audio tests. I also teach phlebotomy at Clackamas Community College. Very exciting work!!:D So, the name Phlebmaster.

Gensaiken: Sorry to hear about your engine fire. The car is great fun going around corners....I can't help gasing it just a little bit.....yippeee!!:lol:

Ok....The hood ornament is quite unique. My father-in-law owned the truck and he is a bit Eccentric. I think the winged lady fits the personality of the truck.

I look forward to contributing to this forum somehow.

Aaron :)