Sick new rims from Rota

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent the northern california rep a request to make the Hyashi Streets about a year ago and he came to Troys and looked at them and requested a picture of them to send to their designer and asked for the popular sizes for a 510 so I am hoping he took my advice on what to offer as far as offset told him 15x7 +22 and 0 TO + 5 FOR THE ZX strut guys and I asked for them in a 16x7 +22 so I am hoping they listened and didnt go just after the honda guys

rotard.jpg

expensive??? I payed $950 for my 16x7 Panasports used 6 years ago new they were $1300 or something, the rotas in the same size new are a couple hundred less than what I paid used... and they are a bit lighter than my Panasports

They did a good job copying that wheel!

I have to be honest, It bugs me when I see something like this. It's one thing to be inspired by design and add your own flavor, but that is a straight up copy. :no:

I agree with this. It's even worse when some one see's some Hayashis and thinks they're Rota knock offs. I wish the real thing was easier to get ahold of stateside. IMHO, the real thing looks better.

sportmax-xxr-513-1.jpg

^^^^^^^ > Rotas, Wats , and Panas.. Just sayin.

And my opinion on fake wheels (oldschool style ones) is that most of said designs are out of production.... So what does it matter if rota or other companies make "reproductions"? SSR isn't making money off of sales of their used wheels... Rota, XXR, axis, Sportmaxx, Drag and the many other companies are filling a niche and I for one am glad they are.