*** Speedy *** R1 carb'd Craziness

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds pretty good man! That pic of the glass pack makes me cringe haha all I see is it slamming into a speed bump

Ha, yeah I know. But I kept everything up higher than the lowest point on the header flange. So if anything hits I'll be that flange. I can't help that unless I got a different header. O well. Thought about making a small "skid plate" ahead of the header flange so it just slides over it instead of catching. TBA.. :)

Ha, yeah I know. But I kept everything up higher than the lowest point on the header flange. So if anything hits I'll be that flange. I can't help that unless I got a different header. O well. Thought about making a small "skid plate" ahead of the header flange so it just slides over it instead of catching. TBA.. :)

Yeah it might just be that one picture. It kinda looks like the bends are goin straight down haha shouldn't be a problem then your work looks good too! it sounds good tho I like it

• 3 weeks later...

Well, got my drivers floor all done. I may still put another brace/support from the tunnel to the door but that is to be decided.

Passenger floor should be less work, it's not as far gone.

Also a pic of my shifter boot off an old accord. Just used some sheet aluminum to cover the ovrsized hole. Screwed it on for easy future removal when I do a swap.

And one Garage Glamour shot just for kicks.:cool:

PROGRESS ! !

050.jpg

053.jpg

052.jpg

054.jpg

Editsmall.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got my front coilovers installed on the 280zx sturts and brakes and bolted in!! Gotta hook up the brakes yet but I looks great! Got a couple cell pics comin. Used cheap honda ebay coilovers. Yep, deal with it. Cost me $40 shipped and I got 4. So now I have rear coilover potential. :)

Just search ebay for "civic coilovers" a zillion ad's come up. They are all the same for civic/integra/del sol/crx bla bla bla. Yes 2" sleeve. I'm guessing the coils are 250-300lb. Not to worried about the spring rate for the price. Had similar(APC) coilovers on a civic years ago, Liked them then and like these now. A 510 is a pretty similar weight to a civic. Close enough for me. Got a set of four coils, sleves, and top hats for $41 shipped.

These are the same thing(different color)

Coils

Another set

They are all the same deal. I just made sure I got the ones with a long sleeve. Some have a 2"-3" long sleeve, why a person would ever buy those I don't know.

• 1 month later...

Finally found an effective way of romoving my old paint down to metal. 40 Grit 6" stick on pads mounted on a foam sanding disc chucked into a 1200 hole hawg (

big drill used by electricians and plumbers)

Takes'er down fast.

So i plan on taking ll the pain off panel by panel and sealing it with epoxy primer as i get each panel clean as to avaoid any chance of surface rust. Got hte trunk sealed and ready for bodywork tonight. On to the next panel tomorrow!!

DSCN3719.jpg

DSCN3722.jpg

DSCN3725.jpg

DSCN3729.jpg

Also got my floor mount ebrake mounted and working, rebuilt the 280zx calipers and installed a matchbox dizzy in the last few weeks. Got a nice pioneer CD/MP3/USB deck too! Thanks Andrew!!!;)

Yeah, got the floors coated in POR-15 now too.

I only painted the outer ring on the lock. Not the center, i taped that to prevent paint chipping. c'mon now gimme a little credit.

This is just a sealer coat of primer to seal the bare metal. Now I can start bodywork on that panel. When done I'll spray some sandable primer, block sand that and then seal it again. Then its ready to shoot color!!

Unluss i have to wetsand some dust out. Either way I got alot of work ahead of me!!