What lsd rear end should I get for my 510?

Fivedime650

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The car has a Troy built motor in it and his suspension. I built the car for smashing on roads around town it's a weekend car and I'm not planing on taking it on a track. I like the stock gearing but it would be nice if I had a little lower end. What's a good subie rear end and what year car would have what I'm looking for.

Found a 4.11 LSD outnof a 04 forester on eBay and there asking 500 bucks I think that's way to much.......

I believe that would be a VLSD dont think you want that. Read that link very informative.Viscous LSD:

1991-92 Legacy 4WD turbo 4dr sports sedan is listed with a 3.90 viscous LSD option (Subaru part # 27011 AA131 or maybe 27011 AA070 -- the manual is unclear about the AA070 unit).

Any Subaru's since 2000 that came with an LSD came with a viscous unit.

**Remember that all R-160 viscous LSDs need half-shaft modifications to work under a 510.**

• 4 months later...

I think the 510s came with 3.90s. Depends if mileage is an issue. Then get the same ratio or swap your gears into the LSD unit. If you don't mind a slight performance increase then 4.11s in a 510 sounds sweet. If yoi have an overdrive 5 speed then the 4.11 won't be notices as much mileage wise.

If you are flinching at $500 for a VLSD wait til you see the cost of "half shaft modifications"

Yeah.

You'll pay $500.00 for a set of side axles. Believe me I know cause I make them. I'm running 30 of them as we speak. :o