Akumazedex S130

scored some more goodies for the swap today from a member on hybridz.

Turbo dizzy and shaft (correct year)

Another turbo harness modded for an S30, probably just use some of the connectors as mine has a few missing.

And finally the obligatory TURBO valve cover.

All in all an epic score today.

100_4030.jpg

100_4020.jpg

100_4029.jpg

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like things are moving along well. However, why is it that no one ever cleans their parts when they rebuild them? I know most of us are into the "patina" look and don't mind rust, but should we just leave parts rusty looking or paint them before reinstalling them? That turbo would look great with some standard high temp cast iron color paint. I painted my exhaust manifold and turbo 3 years ago and they still look decent. They'd look nice if it weren't for oil leaks :P

I really don't care about the look too much at this point, after soo much procrastination I kind of just want to get everything bolted on and working. Later I'll worry about prettifying everything. Oh, and I might be getting my hands on a high volume oil pump from the same member I got the dizzy from. It's the msa one. So the only other thing I'll need now is afm and fuel pump.

Good work on bringing those wheels out to where they should be! Got any pics of the car after the spacer install?

As far as cleaning/painting parts prior to install...make it pretty before it goes in! Wire brush and a can of paint is all you need.

Ill see about getting some more pics, free time is a premium. Well the turbo still issnt on so I might clean it up on th wire wheel some. Any suggestions on high temp paint? Oh! And since I has another valve cover that means I gotta paint it again! Hmmm the possibilities!

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!

first of all i'm almost within arms grasp of this weird thing people keep talking about called boost, or whatever it is.

right now im short an oil pump and some misc parts.

100_4086.jpg

and now for the goodies.

I finally got some spring perches welded onto my struts thanks to troy at ermish racing.

100_4094.jpg

My now slightly used tokicos

100_4099.jpg

Gound control sleeve

100_4101.jpg

ground control spring

100_4102.jpg

Installed

100_4104.jpg

I took this chance to roll the lip a bit more on the fronts

100_4105.jpg

I diddnt like the drop with the ground controls and the spring rate was a bit on the stiff side so I went with another set

I had which were shorter and softer.

100_4113.jpg

This was the end result

100_4115.jpg

And to my surprise I bottom out my lip going dummy sideways down my driveway. WIN! :thumbup:

100_4131.jpg

did you lower the rear moar too? or are you rakin? lol

those silver springs almost look stiffer since they have less coils... what rate were the original eibach's?

you're also gonna want to be careful at that height since it almost looks like you're gonna be almost bottomed out with weight on the car... You really should look into sectioning the struts haha

additionally, you may want to look into putting some grease on top of the spring hat, on top of the spring, and under the spring as well to help make it easier to turn and reduce binding ;)

Almost sounds like you've done this before hahaha

Yeah, sectioned struts will be next. I got like 2 inches tops of suspension travel right now. The Eibachs are 500lb. Way too stiff for me. The silver ones I dunno what the spring rate is but mos deff softer. An yes it is raked haha but for some reason I like it.

A little update. I got around to painting the turbo valve cover. The over used wrinkle paint that was on there was a biatch to remove. thanks to aircraft grade paint stripper the job was much easier. heres how it turned out.

100_0042.jpg

And for those of you demanding oics.. well youre in luck you get two datsuns in one post. my buddys 84 300zx turbo.

sfh.jpg

dgd.jpg

300zxedit.jpg

And Mine

100_002923.jpg

dfgdg.jpg

sdtghft.jpg

I know, I got lazy with the plates halfway thru hahaha

thats all for now. still need the oil pump and feed lone made for the swap. sooo close!!!! that will be an epic weekend. but all in due time.

• 3 weeks later...

finally another update!!!

Hybridz payed off for some goodies.

Got Cusco front and rear strut bars and a full set of turbo emblems.

I also got around to swapping the valve covers. I like this one sooooo much more than the other one.

100_0050.jpg

176720_1881853253953_1469978664_32143438_100577_o.jpg

194297_1881860774141_1469978664_32143442_687038_o.jpg

I also got an MSD blaster coil. my redonculous miss fire at the top end went away!! and i always thought that was because of the injectors.. O_o oh wells fixed now. never actualy thought it would be a coil..

100_0052.jpg

on a side note, im waiting on some rather interesting and hard to get emblems.. but shall will stay a secret until i get them.

Ps. i apologize for the blurry pics. getter ones will be up as soon as it stops raining around here.

• 2 months later...

Long overdue update, been mia for a while but I got a lot done.

Tein rear coilovers

Dz-start push button ignition

Front weld-on coilovers

Rear swaybar and energy suspension bushings

And best of all!!! The turbo is in!!!

Probably some stuff I'm missing but oh well.

I'll post up a crapload of pics when I get the chance.

Now what? Lol

So here's some of the pics

Tein HA's

Old an busted

d67f54ea.jpg

Disassembled

812aad31.jpg

Painted "grabber green" and helper spring removed.

362e7cff.jpg

And the finished product

500090d7.jpg

Installed, lowered all the way

e120ef56.jpg

Exhaust clearance

ca01ddc0.jpg

Changing out the rear wheel bearings so I figured I clean up the control arms

6175e38e.jpg

Garage stolen for the weekend

a7d92163.jpg

And I decided to paint the control arms gm blue

Slightly thicker sway bar painted metal cast red and energy suspension bushings

ede0c3d1.jpg

Changed out my leaking clutch master after neglecting it for the past year

690eac3a.jpg

Got some legit projectors, not some eBay crap

9437594f.jpg

Installed pic, need some H1 hids now, but light destribution is good aswell as the cut off

79050390.jpg

Got the coolguy tail panel for $30 on hybrid with a broken lower lens

Can't see it that well tho

a44b071e.jpg

Tore it all apart

1cde4548.jpg

Fixed the crack, where the missing X is, sprayed the lenses red and the backing chrome for better light reflection

9c02d6ec.jpg

End result, plate relocated to bumper, look pretty cool IMO

a7d016d4.jpg

Daytime pic

5eaab5a1.jpg

DZ start altima push start kit

bf5cbdb9.jpg

Installed

508a7160.jpg

And a video of how everything works, forum won't let me insert video so here's a link

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff420/akumazedex/f8bc607b.mp4

I really haven't taken any pictures of th turbo swap since I had a weekend to do it but I'll post up some pics of the finished result.

So now everybody is up to speed on the build.

Next I gotta swap my driveshaft cuz the u-joints are bad, save up for a better clutch since I'll fry this one with the turbo and on to bodywork. Need fenders <_<

and still looking for jdm fairlady280z emblems. Ppk needs to make repros lol hint hint

lol you put all that work in the rear bar, and you're probably going to want to end up removing it anyways.

send me your helper springs yo! hahaha

what spring rates are those Teins?

projector lenses are bleh... but I guess I'm too old skool for them lawl

are you planning on going to JCCS this year??