Akumazedex S130

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sick Z man! It looks super mean! love the spook with the bosch lights above.

....and I feel you on those kumho's- worst handling tire i've ever had!!! i bought all 4 for $50 and sold em for $100 though... :)

...and i've got to insert my 2 cents here... the extra emblems- turbo, TURBO, 280Z...ect on the back are killing me.

reminds me of a camry i saw with GT-R stickers on it. (even though your z IS turbo'd- it's way better to downplay it)

IMHO, factory badges or no badges.

as far as the stickers are concerned- less is more. the illest/helladope/stickerbomb fad is giving actual car guys a terrible name. Most of us here actually work on our vehicles like you do, so we should all strive to stand apart from the fashion/fanboy nonsense going around. FUck that lame shit :]

Keep your car classy san diego!

Lol yesh, the stickers are getting a work over, gonna repaint the lip so they're coming off and staying off. The kumhos were the first set I got for the rims so I got them cuz they were cheap and that's what I could afford lol. I'll get something better later. The emblems are all factory minus the centre piece which I can't take off the lettering cuz it's raised underneath so it'll still show.

Lol maybe some neovas and have them last a month? Lol ionno I gotta do bodywork before I worry about tires, I need fenders some patches for the lower quarters and around the windshield, then paint and then! Tires lol I really dont do any autox or drifting, even tho I should, so I really don't need them quiet yet. What brand are star specs?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tiny little update, got a new/used passenger side fender, strupped it down to metal and primered it until I get a chance to work on it some more. Whoever worked on it last covered pretty much the whole thing in finishing putty. It has a bunch of wrinkles in it so I'll probably do the same lol.

5e6c4a48.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Update!

I got some '80 B pillar trim the other day.

Here's a pic of it on. Looks much better than the later ones IMO

6776cd20.jpg

Then I finally got around to changing out my brakes yesterday. They were toast. While I was at it, I took a pic of my colorful rear suspension. Also di some work with a hammer to the inner wheel wells, no more rubbage!

ea4ab332.jpg

a7de380c.jpg

And I found in my tool box my #2 Datsun clutch alignment tool. Who knows how old that is, one of the old timers gave it to me a while back

3e09a39a.jpg

New clutch kits come with a plastic alignment tool that has teeth. That old one is cool as a show piece.

As for the b-pillar, it depends on if you're going for the chrome trim look or if you want to black the trim out. In 1983, the turbo cars started getting blacked out chrome trim from the factory. I like the look with less chrome and tinted windows.

• 1 month later...

How much boost are you running? and are you using a boost controller?

Also is this is list of what you had to get?

Turbo ex mani

stock turbo

Boost Guage

Boost controller

Turbo ecu from an 82-83

Turbo dizzy and shaft from an 82-83

Turbo engine harness from an 82-83( eccs part) -it was all plug and play correct?

Turbo afm and rubber boot to turbo

Jpipe with a bov welded on( or a full intercooler setup)

Oil pan with a tap for the return line

Oil feed lines to the turbo

OIl cooler adapter and lines

I'm going to do this down the road( like next summer), but I'm going to use a Garret or something and I want to try for 10psi. Biggest thing I'm worried about is wiring the ECCS stuff. I'm guessing its mostly plug and play to the AFM, CAS on the dizzy, 02 sensor etc.

I'm not running a BOV, Oil Cooler, or actually all the turbo ECCS stuff. I have it and was gonna swap it over when I realized that the turbo dizzy has a different base.

Anyways, yes, all the sensors an junk are plug and play. With the exception of the knock sensor. There is no where to bolt it onto te block (at least on mine). Stock turbos are garret airesearch t3's if you plan running 10psi stock should be fine with a boost controller. T3's max at about 14 psi before you start blowing hot air. Mine is set at the factory 7psi using the stock waste gate. Don't forget te turbo oil pump (high flow pump on msa), and turbo injectors 260 vs 180cc na if I remember, or at least in that neighborhood. Make sure the dizzy you get is year matching to your ecu and harness. 81's have cas on the crank pully, 82-83 have it in the dizzy. Better off going with 82-83, easier to find and less work. Also BOV's only work correctly when running a blow-thru set up, as in the afm is after the turbo and BOV. Otherwise the car will run like crap cuz you'll be sucking in unmetered air. Lmk if you have any other questions.

If your not running a bov whats that thing on your Jpipe? or did you take it off for a stock Jpipe

Also my engine already has a turbo oil pump. Running it in my NA setup

And NA injectors are180-190 where the Turbo injectors are 260-270cc. Those will probably be the first things I swap out if I want to make more power. For now I can just ramp up my FPR to get it runing