13b or sr20?

80datson

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either motor can be an easy swap if you convert them to Carburated Engines. If you leave either a 13B or Sr20 stock with Computers thats when it gets tricky. The 13B will be your best bet if your trying to do a quick engine swap. But for reliability go with the SR20.

Complete Rotary rebuild kits are only $800 which isn't bad.

Metalmonkey- that was a couple months ago that I did the swap. I actually dropped in 2 rotary motors in my 210. First engine broke and apex seal and the second engine had no compression on the front rotor.

And as for the A15 Turbo Project, Im looking for a Stock Exhaust Manifold so I can make my Turbo manifold out of it.

whre did yu get the 12a rotarys from?

The first rotary I ever had was from my 1982 Mazda Rx7. Car has been cut in half and junked. Severe Rust.

I bought 2 Rotaries from a guy who left the Rotary Game :) and the last one I got from a Friend for Free.

So that makes 4 :P . 1st: Siezed up, 2nd: Bad Apex Seal, 3rd: No compression, 4: In good shape and Im going to try and start it up soon.

Ca18det. Same work as Sr, less weight and same power potential. Best of all s13 guys are discarding them for nothing. To the person who will mention the difference in torque, we are talking about a 510 install not s13. There's more than sufficient torque to begin with.