mazda

getting a red extended cab b series in 2 weeks guys! i want to go kinda old school with it, full moon hub caps. not sure what i want to do body wise for paint tho. got any ideas? base coat will be the factory bright red. its lowered in the back, not yet in the front, but i will get the lowered i beams. so i need some ideas... maybe a rendering? hope i dont get flamed again

• Like 1
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you like that motor? i hear there pretty weak. i have driven the one im guna get once, but it wasnt running quite right, it needs a tune up. hows the gas milage? how many miles you got? the one im getting has 250,000 i believe! haha its crazy, but i just need to get through the winter then hopefully paint, rims, couple little things then sell, or do the paint and stuff and a new motor and keep it

it has a 140k. Still in perfect engine condition. It has little power for pulling the hill when it is cold (some kind of weird computer thing no doudt) but is OK when warmed up. It's a bit slow, but if you put the pedal down it moves OK and sounds good.

Gets 22 mpg highway, 16 town. Mine is a four-speed automatic.

This prolly should get moved though :lol:

i agree. sorry guys. i just thought general, talk about ANYTHING meant anything, not just datsun related.

Moar mazda oics, please

i agree.. who has some they wana post? lol

It's a Ranger, there should be tons of options for modification. I vote pre-runner. I know there's a bolt on 4 link suspension for the rear.

nope, no pre runner for me. then it will never sell if i want to sell it...

needs more v8

i agree! you do the swap for me. and pay for it.

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys i passed on this mazda with almost 300k on it! i am now getting a 87 mazda single cab. swapped 231 buick, 250 hydramatic trans. will post pics in a few :) motor was just overhauled about 400 miles ago, been parked for about 3 years, guy just didnt drive it, and had no ambition to swap out the rear end gears. it was a manual so there a little low, so it doesnt go very fast. drove 300 miles round trip today to go look at it, and its pretty cherry, going to pick it up monday! for 300 bux!!!

bk-flame.jpg

Da_Flame.jpg

In befor the lock :fu:

WTF ever happened to the Icy Hot Stuntaz? those guys were ballin big time........Da flame, 2 base T......another guy i cant remember...........I used to laugh my ass off at those clowns.

Wondering if you have a sadistic streak wanting mazda trucks, and from the looks of it Ram d50's? (just goin by the screenname)..........why not get a Luv while you are at it and have the whole set of import trucks that tried to be good as datsun but failed horribly!!

Cheers

Bill

wild man, i did have a luv :) it was my first mini truck. i restored it half ways, frame was complete, suspension was done, cab and box were done and painted. the only thing i had to do was the interior. it got wrecked by an idiot. had the d50, drove it for a while, brakes went out, took it home blah blah blah. got chopped up. ended up with the back half of a datsun frame, and found out my motor was toast. its in a junk yard due to not being able to source another motor. got my 521, loved that truck, best tuck i have ever had, close toss up between the luv tho. and i traded the luv for a 521... worst mistake ever. i was always replacing stuff or just trying to keep it together. it was so damn rusty. so now i am with out a vehicle cuz i junked the 510. after i took almost every piece i could ever need off it. and a friend offered to sell his b3000. i found it had so many miles and said no. started searching local adds looking for an older mini truck thats not an s10, nothing was really coming up. then this b2200 with a new motor came up. i called him said i would be there at the end of the week. he calls a few nights later and says dont bother coming pretty sure i sold it. to a relative, so i wasnt too pised. couple weeks later the add pops back up! i called him and he said he didnt want it after he found out it needed a few parts like a carb rebuild and a fuel pump. i said i would be there in 5 days. i went yesterday and gave him 100 bux. i go back monday and give him another 200 bux and load it uo. the only reason i didnt pay full and take it home yesterday was no truck or a trailor to haul it

Carless? Junked the 510?? What happened to the Weber setup and head I sold you??? I bought a truck to put it on a week after I sent it to you... And weren't you just talking the other day about buying a family car? I'm confused again. Anyways, the Mazda could possible end up bein cool. Not the best looking thing ever, but it could be a cool sleeper truck if you're ever at a stop light and some guy in a big deisel wants to race. Good luck with that.

ah... the Mazda/Ford B series.. used to have a few of them in my work fleet... Sorry but they are a .....FAIL!

I've owned/driven/leased over 60 new trucks since 1988 for my company... Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda... The 88-92 B2200 and the B2600 4x4, not bad trucks, but engines still started burning oil at 100k km's.. the B2500/B3000 ...second biggest POS trucks we ever bought... the first being a 94 Chevy S10... total POS. I'm on a solid diet of Tacomas and Tundras now... everything else has let me down.

(Nissan doesn't sell a truck in Canada that can compete with Toyota for price/ utility right now- no 8 foot boxes on bigger trucks or 4 cyl compacts.)

Compact trucks... Toyota or Nissan... all the rest are ugly, crappily made, or ugly and crappily made.

Rhapakatui ~ i did buy a family car. its an 08 camry. i love it. but i let the lady drive it most of the time, so i still need something for my self. and idk about racing a diesel. the ones aroud here are pretty beefed. and yup... ill get you a pic of y i junked the dime. and the head and carb are still going on the motor i am building for my next datsun.. haha building a motor, for a car or truck you dont even have lol

OK, whew... I was worried you junked the 510 with those parts in it... I would totally buy them back rather than see them as scrap metal. I just upgraded to something more family friendly myself. Had to trade in the eclipse for a 4 door frontier. I'm upgrading to a family of 4 now and getting a baby seat into the back of that eclipse was gonna be alot harder than just letting the 7 year old climb back there. I guess I can understand letting the old lady have the good car. The diesel thing was a failed attempt at humor (guess you didn't read that thread). And there is nothing wrong with building your motor first. If you had the car and motor at the same time, you'd have to have the car/truck parked off somewhere under a tarp while you built the motor.. this way you can build your motor and let someone else worry about storing the car for you until you can buy it. Oh yeah, and the mazda is still ugly.