Potential datsun owner

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6.jpg

" Chad had done such a good job measuring and fabricating, he hardly needed the truck aligned and Matt at Foerst MotorWerks was surprised at just how close the measurements were."

Close??? I can tell from here that truck has serious camber problems. The back came out pretty good why have the front like that?

I can tell from here that truck has serious camber problems. The back came out pretty good why have the front like that?

r26_f1_car_2006_1.jpg

really this whole camber thing?

Let people do what they want. If they dont ruin the car (it sill drives) who cares? Sure negative camber may look bad to some and sure it may not give the traction you want, but if you are on dry pavement most of the time and you arent going all the fast, well I dont know. But Im sure all the ricers with negative camber go real fast, not.

bmwf108-front-low-635.jpg

r27-rear-400.jpg

Nope, these cars dont have negative camber.

to mike: saw that on cl the day you posted it. live in an apt, trying to get rid of cars, not get more. im willing to have my dd and my projects as long as i have somewhere to put it. im moving this january to go to UI to finish my engineering degree

3" lift, 2" bigger diameter tires

l_33fb0c9171024c82b310f3f366116e35.jpg

420n620: no that truck was sold by me 3 years ago. being my first car i got into with zero knowledge of cars, i ruined it by most standards

HRH: trying to be cool? not really. riced out the truck back in the day to be cool. started to mature. bought a supra. still had little mech knowledge at the time, blew it up sold it. neon? cool my ass! the only person who thought that was cool was me. full poly suspension bushings. built 2.4 by me, p&p head by me, nitrous, street tuned by me, built my own MSII+ from scratch so i could have standalone EMS. ran 12's without boost. started school. bought the subie when i parked the neon. decided the neon was a waste of money while i was in school. complete track car, unuseable for a DD. parted it out. the subie didnt like the ladies so i needed a diff car. buddy of mine sold me his accord with an h22 and a bunch of supporting mods and a whole lot of extra parts and rims for 1700, great DD even though i realized even having a honda for just a DD sucks and i still dont like hondas. IVE OWNED A HONDA FOR A MONTH, SO KEEP YOUR HONDA STEREOTYPE TO YOURSELF. "Spending money you don't have, to buy things you don't want, to impress people you don't like." ??? i keep my finances on exell to a T. i know how much money i have, and how much ill need for the next 6 months. ive never followed an trends. i wear yellow plaid, purple shoes, bright colored shirts, hair like wolverine, and im top of my math and science classes. i think im cool cause im a nerd, i think the cool people are retarded. as far as putting more money into a car than its worth? put 20k into a srt-4 when they came out, thats cool, but now theyre only worth 4-10k. a car value is what it means to the owner. and the car picking me? why else after owning a supra, a 12sec car, and an accord do i wanna go back to some 30 year old truck. it keeps calling me back.

datsunmike: as previous statements, do what you like, not what everyone thinks is cool. i like it. ive had my share of racing and fast cars. maybe i want a nice little cruiser that represents my personality. what makes sense to the world doesnt make sense to me

indy 510: my neon wasnt build for a straight line, it pulled better g's through the corners than the new corvettes, as a matter of fact a new corvette pulls about .98 according to road and track. a stock acr neon (which mine exceeded acr specs) pulls 1.02 through the corners. neons are badass for just track cars

drazzel: ive got nothing better to do then spend money on a car. i dont have friends, just my cars. fab skills, got em, attention to detail, got that. if i get the truck before i finish school the irs will wait till i get my own house and have my own garage. dont have anywhere to start a project like that. but a local builder who does amazing work was only going to charge me a couple hundred to cage my neon and that wasnt with mild steel

laecon, actually they do have neg camber in the front. obviously.

and as asked before the fender flares on that 620 looks pretty good

• Like 1

r26_f1_car_2006_1.jpg

really this whole camber thing?

Let people do what they want. If they dont ruin the car (it sill drives) who cares? Sure negative camber may look bad to some and sure it may not give the traction you want, but if you are on dry pavement most of the time and you arent going all the fast, well I dont know. But Im sure all the ricers with negative camber go real fast, not.

r27-rear-400.jpg

Nope, these cars dont have negative camber.

comparing a formula 1 car to a truck that will never go over 80 is not even close to a comparison

ok lolz sorry. people are hasty to hate what they dont like and sorry for messing up the name

I dont like camber myself, but im not gonna put someone down because of it. I'd rather stay quiet. But if someone hates, I will endorse.

and dont worry about the name.

another thing, people are quick to jump on someone as being a ricer. who here is a monk? do you live in a nice house? if not do you want to? having nice things inst a matter of being cool. people just want nice things. i look as car building as an artfrom with function. when i cuild a race car, that was simply what it was, no heater, no interior. just built to beat the clock. this honda is a DD, so its peppy and am replacing every old part on it to make it as reliable as possible. if it want my cruiser, it doesnt have to be fast, it doesnt have to be up to others standards. i want it to reflect my style and personality, and to have a little pep in its step. no sense in building a weekend crusier to be a track friendly if itl never see a track

comparing a formula 1 car to a truck that will never go over 80 is not even close to a comparison

comparing any race car to a street car is a bad comparison.

the motor for my Z will be running 12:1 CR on race gas and meth with a high lift cam, is that practical for the street? hell no!

great in a full time track car? you bet!

Ill be running a 4.44 diff.... practical for street driving? not a chance!

great for auto-x and hill climbs? you bet!

Its got a 10gal fuel cell.... practical for the street? I cant even drive from my house into the city with that!

plenty enough to fill with race fuel and lay down a days worth of good runs? you bet!

see how that works?

comparing any race car to a street car is a bad comparison.

the motor for my Z will be running 12:1 CR on race gas and meth with a high lift cam, is that practical for the street? hell no!

great in a full time track car? you bet!

Ill be running a 4.44 diff.... practical for street driving? not a chance!

great for auto-x and hill climbs? you bet!

Its got a 10gal fuel cell.... practical for the street? I cant even drive from my house into the city with that!

plenty enough to fill with race fuel and lay down a days worth of good runs? you bet!

see how that works?

lol you know what i meant. my neon wouldnt start when it was hot. my cams were loped out too much. it was a PITA to start, but it sounded good and wrapped up like crazy. i drove that thing for a year and half gutted from bumber to bumper. even the dorrs were gutted and cut, just outer skins with hinges and a lock still on them

I'm concerned with safety. True, I don't care for the look but looks are a preference and by definition a preference cannot be wrong. Cars don't come out the factory door with a camber problem so changing the camber seems a step in the wrong direction.

Oh, and this camber example??? Who knows how much 1,100 lbs of wind down force at 180 will flatten it out. :lol:

Im going to have to go against in this mad camber debate.....

heres how I see it.

Mad camber on an F1 car.... practical and necessary for making 180mph corners.

having mad camber because it "looks cool"........ well....

its the same as having a big ass spoiler on your DD car because it "looks cool"

big_wing2.jpg

fucking worthless...

...while having a big ass spoiler on your GT500 GTR......

Nissan-GTR-GT-500-Racing-Nismo.jpg

practical and necessary.

just because some things are practical on race cars dosent necessarily mean it should be on a street car.

You guys are funny!

I kinda like the look of a little camber. And Ive seen enough race cars to know that it works!

Dont know why you guys are getting all

*Runs fingers thru Mullett*

Bent out of shape

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Like 1

You guys are funny!

I kinda like the look of a little camber. And Ive seen enough RACE cars to know that it works!

Dont know why you guys are getting all

*Runs fingers thru Mullett*

Bent out of shape

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thanks for making our point Dave. :D RACE car...... tires changed every race, closed course, roll bars, safety equipped, professional drivers in the car and on the course. NOT some wannaby getting out of shape on the on ramp with insane front and rear camber. * scratches where hair used to be*

Just cause they call it a street car, doesnt mean that its a street car! Street cars have bumpers ;) Street cars have hoods without holes, and back seats :P If you want your car to perform better you do things that you would do to a race car in order to have a good performing "street car"

I understand that alot of camber is a bad thing! I understand that the F1 car is totally different from our cars! But I also KNOW that a little camber can help you in the corners, and that alot of the race car technology can be adapted in some way to a street car to improve its performance!

There are sacrifices you make to have some of those things, well pretty much all of them! But it is all really about what YOU want, and by you I don't mean you! I don't want a four door, I think that four door cars are for driving around kids and grocery's, may as well have a goon and go all the way. But you wont catch be telling someone that they are lame for wanting one. I respectfully, and sometimes playfully state my case and then tell them that if that's what they want then go for it! If I listened to all the people hating on my ideas, I would have Never found my cars or this site. I would probably be driving some beater ass VW rabbit with a bunch of shit wrong with it!

*still running fingers thru mullett*

if you believe more in function and form, then how is doing a rediculous suspension setup on a car for looks rather than perfromance, when your trying to go for looks bad? ive said it again and again that im not building this car to be fast or to handle like crazy. there are many people who do it. i assume most of you hate this car too?

sstp_1009_01_o+1973_datsun_610_wagon+left_view.jpg

how about this one?

DSC_0083.jpg

this one looks horrible too

slammed-datsun-260z-low-shot.jpg

this one sucks

280-zx-slammed-rear-quarter-camber.jpg

510ve.jpg

i dont see anything wrong with any of these