Made a score for my sister in law today

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people really appreciate what you do for them, some don't. I'd be willing to bet, since this is a Datsun forum, that most of us earned every ride we've ever had. It makes you appreciate the little things, like no car payment, something that you worked on yourself to make better.

^ I hated that freaking program. I saw a datsun 620 4x4 sitting on the back lot of the ford dealership, was brought in for cash for clunkers, it ran, beautiful body. And it was freaking crushed. If i would of seen a single 510 back there i would of broken in and taken it.

A 620 couldn't have been turned in for Cash 4 Clunkers... they only took cars 1984 and newer. Most of what got turned in was Minivans and SUVs... lots of Explorers, Cherokees, 4Runners, Pathfinders, and S10 Blazers met their end that way. Plus full-size vans, early 90s pickups, etc etc. If older vehicles were turned in it was a dealer thing, not C4C.

But it is true that C4C was more a automotive-industry bailout than an actual program to improve emissions and efficiency (which is what it was touted as). It did eliminate a lot of good used cars off the market- the prime "first car" market is cars 10-15 years old, and those went away. Very few "clunkers" were turned in, as most clunkers didn't qualify. My co-worker had a money-pit Pontiac Grand Am that didn't qualify because it was 1MPG above the cutoff, though it never got near that kind of mileage.

His parents have a new Camaro, Hummer, and some mini semi truck! Of course he wants a decent car. They could have at least taken that S10 through Maaco for $399.

Their car payments probably total $2000 a month and they buy their kid a $400 truck.

My parents bought me nothing, I paid for my first car. I guess thats why I was the only spray bomb owner I knew at the time, I drove the shit out of that firebird.

A 620 couldn't have been turned in for Cash 4 Clunkers... they only took cars 1984 and newer. Most of what got turned in was Minivans and SUVs... lots of Explorers, Cherokees, 4Runners, Pathfinders, and S10 Blazers met their end that way. Plus full-size vans, early 90s pickups, etc etc. If older vehicles were turned in it was a dealer thing, not C4C.

very true - no datsuns were harmed a as result of cash for clunkers. I clunked a gorgeous Lexus sc400, few bmws, bunch of fox body 5.0's, handful of 4runners...

Then the guy must not of known what he was talking about. It was at the back lot of the ford dealership and i tried to get it and thats what they told me :( Bastards.

I even saw a nice pathfinder back there, there were some nice cars that got destroyed :( super sad.