Jacob's Goon Build - Now L19 powered.

Laecaon

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

I am cutting the rest of the panels today. Its kinda annoying as the blade gets too hot then the abs welds back together.

Im just using a craftsman 12v jigsaw (nextec tool), it works pretty well compared to any other jigsaw I have used, even cuts straight! Then again, bosch blades are the best...

Oh and I need to pick up some more for 1 more panel.

After this door panels are done, I need to stop spending money on the goon for a month or 2. Gotta buy another car, pretty set on a 850 turbo wagon.

• Like 1

Yea I kinda have a soft spot for older volvos...

My cousin had a 242, with a brand new crate motor in it with less than 7000 miles (PO was an ex Volvo Tech), paid $1000 for it, drove so nicely, he sold it 3 weeks later for $3000... That is the one car I think he regrets selling the most.

• Like 1

Ran out of material. If I could have brought the abs home in 1 solid sheet, I probably could have done it, but I cant put 8ft sheets of anything into the goon, so I got it cut in half.

Anyways, pictures of the panels all cut out. They look nice. I have a feeling I might run around for awhile with just the panels, unwrapped. Next up is to get the holes made to clip the panel on. I have a plan for that, shouldnt be too bad.

I decided I want to move the door handles on the rear doors to the lower location, up high, and they can interfere with the window cranks. Plus, my doors have spots for door handles/pulls on them right behind the lower location, so that the pull and handle are inline like the front doors are.

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

A pain? Maybe, I havent looked, but that doesnt usually bother me, I just dislike "special" tools.

So I dug out my cargo dome light from my parts bin, no lens of course, but that is why I got a new one. I need to repair it, as the switch is kinda not working the best, and part of the bulb holder is not being held down any longer. Also, decided I want the cargo light to come on with the front doors, and the main dome light to come on with the hatch opening. So I am gonna run a wire to connect the switches. Should be a nice little upgrade.

Oh, anyone have a dome light lens? Mine has gone AWOL, not findable anywhere, but the actual switch/bulb holder assembly is present (talking about the main dome light)

Oops, his were probably for a sedan,,, and you apparently have a wagon, that must have slipped by me somehow.

:blush:

They should be the same... I see no reason they wouldnt be...

Oh, you wouldnt happen to have an extra cargo light on the parts goon you have, it should be the same, but with a new looking lense...

i'm checking out 850 wagons too. I might get a 240 wagon instead though. I was looking up timing belt replacement on the 850 and it seems like a pain!

A pain? Maybe, I havent looked, but that doesnt usually bother me, I just dislike "special" tools.

850/V70 are really easy. Comparable to the old RWD redblocks. Only special tool needed is if you disturb the VVT on the later engines. The cam sprocket isn't keyed so you have to realign everything.

Oh, anyone have a dome light lens? Mine has gone AWOL, not findable anywhere, but the actual switch/bulb holder assembly is present (talking about the main dome light).

1200 and B210 have the same lense.