Thinking of selling.....

Glengemen

Hey guys, I am starting to think about selling the 620 due to buying a house and I just have been occupied by so many other things cauing it not to be worked on for a while. I don't want to sell it because it has come so far, but it would be a load off my shoulders. I was thinking about $2500, but I was wondering if you guys tought it is a good/fair price. I do realize I can only get what someone will pay so please don't say that. I really want to know if you might pay that for it. This is the list of modifications.

*KA24E swap Runs and drives great

*Front disk brake conversion to all Hardbody components using custom tubular control upper arms. This includes HB master cylinder, so it is valved correctly

*5 speed conversion with new clutch assembly.

*Custom dynamicly ballanced driveshaft with new carrier bearing

*18" Grey Titan wheels with new 225/40/ZR18 Dunlop FM901 tires. Also comes with spare wheel and tire

*Custom suspension and transmission crossmembers

*Power leather seats from 2002 Honda Accord

*Aluminum toneu cover not complete but made from square tube stock and polished dimond plate. Comes with the proper lift struts and piano hinges that are nessesary to finish it.

*Rebuilt rear brakes

*dash cap not installed

*new KYB shocks all the way around

*Lowered 2.5

I have huge amounts of time into it and sucks to let it go but it seems it is time.

Anyways let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Glen

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally worth it, but man it sounds like it is allready done! I do under stand the pain of buying a house! But in the long run of house ownership,$2500 is nothing!

I vote for no sale!

I vote to keep it as well. If you have a place to store it then it doesn't matter if you work on it all the time. It's more about getting what you want out of it and taking your time. If you stick with it you will finish it. If you sell it you'll never see it completed and will kick yourself everytime you see one on the road.

I wish I still had my 73, I had 15 years ago ;)

Really all that needs done is wiring the lights and finish the toneu. Other than that I was gong to paint it flat black and tint the windows. Thats all.

It is not just the house, I will be getting a service truck for my job soon so I will have 5 vehicles at my house. I would have room, but I still won't have time.

Personally, I'd get it for $2500, but that's only because A) I need a bunch of those parts, and B) I have plans for a 620 KC in the long run...

But, I agree with the other posts... Keep it. You might not have time now, but you'll find the time eventually.

I just saw a trick Z car that had $15K and serious time into it. Engine, suspension, interior, bodywork is done and all it needs is paint. He can't give it away for $3,400. Crazy.

I just sold a motorcycle dirt cheap so I could finally have the time and space to to do my 620. I hate myself, but I can always get another one. It's just stuff.

I'm a contractor and have been working on houses for thirty years. Houses are just piles of wood, gypsum and concrete, you know. You can tear them apart and rebuild them. It's just stuff. I have seen houses burn to the ground in 5 minutes. Oh well. It's just stuff.

Like Fisch said, $2,500 is nothing when it come to houses. I just did new cabs & appliances in a kitchen for $25K in December. I'm doing the master bath now and it will be around $12K. This shit wasn't even that nice.

I see nothing sacred in houses. I think you have to come up with a better reason for selling the truck than to buy a house. Even if you just made it up. I would rather see you sell the truck for drugs, booze and fast women.

You got to be able to find a place to park it out of the way. Specially in Vegas. Up here it would rust away so fast.

im with the rest, keep it, there has got to be a storage lot, or a freinds place to put it at if you dont have the room. or have you thought about selling one of the other vehicles that look to me like they would be worth a lot more? no need to have 4 others that drive like the rest. if you have another truck, sell it, and use some cash to pay someone to finish your truck, and the rest for the house, and youll have one less vehilce you can easily find later. late models come and go, but collectors should stay. period.

Listen Glenn, I think you should keep it....but, I also understand the space/time issue. And, you have a badass mustang that I would probably be driving everyday and easily forget about my datsun if I had that car. Do what you gotta do man, I wish I had the means to get it from you, I'd hook it up phat and make you wish you never got rid of it!!!!;)