confussion

Chingon 510

hey guys well im confused.. ive been working on my 510 for a while now im running low on funds and my car started to make like a knocking noise. took it to the datsun shop and said it a broken chain sprocket or tensioner,,, 500bux parts and labor... im thinking of selling it? wat do you guys recomment i should do stick to it and try and fixing it or selling it im getting a good offer a lil bit over double of wat i got it for?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man up bud.. If changing a timing chain is beyond your mechanical abilities maybe a nice new kia should be in your driveway and not a 40 year old Japanese economy car

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!

heres soemthing better yet

http://www.guba.com/watch/3000024223/Hainz-Datsun-L-Series-Engine-01-Timing-Tare-down-and-Rebuild

PS make sure its not a loose alternator mount!!!!!!!!!!

wow thanks for your input guys.. ill rethink this.. and no the timing chain isint too much for my abilities..ive just never done one

I had never even changed my oil, and I changed the head gasket on my toyota, which is a bit more complex engine. :D

There is only one way to learn!

I would take it to a regular old mechanic. Its just an engine, no fancy electronics on it. Anyone who knows engines should know how to work on it. This means take it to someone who isnt gonna try to mark up the price because it is a datsun, but is simply honest.

I would take it to a regular old mechanic. Its just an engine, no fancy electronics on it. Anyone who knows engines should know how to work on it. This means take it to someone who isnt gonna try to mark up the price because it is a datsun, but is simply honest.

or do it urself :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :D :D :D :D hehe