Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know..... I would rather not reinvent the wheel. I know nothing about fluid dynamics and impeller design so I'll stick with Nissans design ;) It would be nice to have a little higher flow but I have no idea how it would affect cavitation at high rpms which could suck (no pun intended)....

Now if this one gets scrapped during modification and installation then I'll be forced to make my own....

:)

Thanks q-tip.

Pump went together perfect. Just need to press on the flange and modify the pulley or just make a new one.

I bought the cheap altima pump because I wasn't sure it would work. It was tight and felt like shit when I bought it. I just went into the parts store and the "new" lifetime warranty pump is twice as easy to turn and smooth. I think I'll buy the napa "NPW" pump and swap those guts in before I mount it to my motor.

Here's what she looks like now.

20141016_171824_zpsewbvlvbn.jpg

I'll measure tomorrow and see how much shorter it is now.

• Like 1

:)

Thanks q-tip.

Pump went together perfect. Just need to press on the flange and modify the pulley or just make a new one.

I bought the cheap altima pump because I wasn't sure it would work. It was tight and felt like shit when I bought it. I just went into the parts store and the "new" lifetime warranty pump is twice as easy to turn and smooth. I think I'll buy the napa "NPW" pump and swap those guts in before I mount it to my motor.

Here's what she looks like now.

20141016_171824_zpsewbvlvbn.jpg

I'll measure tomorrow and see how much shorter it is now.

you have got some serious skills... lol

• Like 1

Well unfortunately my S13 KA pump has the stamped impeller and I don't really wanna buy another one just to get the impeller off it... I will buy a new Altima pump so atleast it has good bearings and seals..

Maybe I can find a used worn out S13 pump to rob the impeller off...

Thanks. It worked out perfect :)

4 years on this build... I'm thinking if I can get it on the road in mockup by 5 years I'd be happy. Maybe another year to finished paint and interior...

Oh well. It's been fun. All major systems are roughed out and now I just need to focus on finishing them for good.

I need to get the fuel lines done, figure out power cable routing, finish the brake line from cross member forward and then I can finish all the welding under the car and paint. After that it's just a matter of focusing on one area and working till done....

• Like 2

Thanks anth. Your car is one of the cleanest out there!

I'm going to start a spreadsheet that has everything that needs to be done in order. I'll throw a wild ass guess of time for each item and cost if parts are needed. This way I can focus my attention on things that will actually keep me moving forward. I really wanna get the motor fired off this winter ;)

On another note.it appears the nismotronic ecu will also control the cooling fan with set off/on temp ranges.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)