Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

Got the hardware to mount the water pump. All done.

IMG_20150608_173333_zpsoosstxhh.jpg

Clears now ;)

IMG_20150608_173757_zpskvp70x9s.jpg

Belt all tight and ready to go....

IMG_20150608_174048_zpsieaq1r4z.jpg

MAP Sensor/Boost gauge "Vacuum block" and bulkhead power pass through mounted. Discovered that panel has a bit of bondo.... Made my drill bit walk and the Vacuum block holes are kinda ugly. Gonna make a plate to bolt over..

IMG_20150608_183146_zps6ryqbpdb.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like I'm removing some stainless bolts I just bolted my water pump on with when I get the car back from the paint shop, I've got lots to learn , and don't mind admitting when I'm wrong, cheers guys that just saved me some trouble in the future hey,

Cheers guys :)

Stainless steel fasteners are particularly susceptible to thread galling, although it also occurs in other alloys that self-generate an oxide surface film, such as aluminum and titanium. During the tightening of the fastener, pressure builds between the contacting thread surfaces and breaks down the protective oxide coatings. With the absence of the oxide coating, the metal high points of the threads are exposed to one another, which increases friction. The combination of these two events can generate enough heat to fuse and seize the nut and bolt together.

Galvanic%20reaction%20table.jpg

Josh, this build is one of the best motivators currently on this site.  Thank you for keeping true to the real purpose of this site as I see it, and keeping it valid.  There are a few others, myself not included.  But I intend to return to work as soon as my work-space is cleared out from moving.  Dissimilar metals and corrosion is a Huge part of my job.  Crazy how critical this consideration is, yet it is hard to accept at times that using a corrosion resistant metal, can actually promote corrosion in its vicinity.  Electric potential is a bitch. 

Josh, this build is one of the best motivators currently on this site. Thank you for keeping true to the real purpose of this site as I see it, and keeping it valid. There are a few others, myself not included. But I intend to return to work as soon as my work-space is cleared out from moving. Dissimilar metals and corrosion is a Huge part of my job. Crazy how critical this consideration is, yet it is hard to accept at times that using a corrosion resistant metal, can actually promote corrosion in its vicinity. Electric potential is a bitch.

Thank you very much. I've really enjoyed building this car and all the little challenges and enjoyed sharing it with you guys just as much. The journey has been fun but the first time I release that clutch is gonna be something else :) I've been so focused on all the little details that I forget what the big picture looks like. Now its all coming together and it's pretty cool ;)

Thanks again.

• Like 2

Cheers for the help and info guys very much appreciated ( sorry Josh I was not meaning to hijack your thread bro)

Can't wait too see the next instalment of progress pics by the way too!!!

It's going to be sweet just too see it all in the same shade of undercoat!

• Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)