Need help with Air/Fuel Ratio

NCRmtrsprts510

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the graph windows in focus, hold Alt and press Print Screen, then paste into an image editing program, then save and upload. It's especially easy with photoshop because it will automatically give you a canvas of the correct dimensions. Then you'll get nice, perfect screen shots like this.

printscreen.gif

Do you need software help, graph reading help or do you need to know what your AF is supposed to be? from what i see, i can't tell you anything because there are no titles on the X-Y axis, so i don't know what is being graphed - and if there is, i can't see them. As a rule, the highest amount of load on your motor will be full throttle in top gear, so if you're tuning for max load/max power, then do it in top gear and you'll be safe in all other gears. were you shifting on those graphs?

Here are some better pulls, i moved one of the grounds that was on the wideband, and i extended the maf over a foot away from the turbo, and here are the results.

x = time (about a second per 1000rpms)

y = AFR

the larger spikes are me hitting the throttle and releasing the throttle.

pull from 1500-7000rpm 2nd gear.

pull3-1500-7000rpm.jpg

1500-7000rpm 2nd gear.

pull2-1500-7000rpm.jpg

1500-6500rpms

pull1-1500-6500rpm.jpg

idle for about 3 seconds.

idlefor3sec.jpg

do have a idle problem it willl be at about 850 and then every like 2 seconds will be like a misfire but on the wideband it will show up as a lean spike.. :confused: :confused:

i see where you're coming from. the overall AFR looks to be acceptable - its safe, at 10.7ish (?) at full load WOT. that will lean out in high gear. the spiking - as you mentioned, can be attributable to electical connections, but it can also be fuel related - what's the fuel pressure during all this? I used to run a duty-cycle monitor on the injectors, it was avalable from Haltech - i don't know if they are still avaialble or not, but its really handy as a reference to see if your injectors are getting maxed out, which also creates problems - kinda like when your hard drive on your computer only has 10mb left on it and nothing seems to run right until you free up some memory - same thing with injectors,at least in my experience.

i see where you're coming from. the overall AFR looks to be acceptable - its safe, at 10.7ish (?) at full load WOT. that will lean out in high gear. the spiking - as you mentioned, can be attributable to electical connections, but it can also be fuel related - what's the fuel pressure during all this? I used to run a duty-cycle monitor on the injectors, it was avalable from Haltech - i don't know if they are still avaialble or not, but its really handy as a reference to see if your injectors are getting maxed out, which also creates problems - kinda like when your hard drive on your computer only has 10mb left on it and nothing seems to run right until you free up some memory - same thing with injectors,at least in my experience.

btw i did have the SAFC at a +15% correction at 1000rpms and a decrease of 1% at every 1k until 4000rpm which then i decreased 2% every 1k. Fuel pressure is at 30psi at idle. i just think my correction is up too high, but my pos manifold the wastegate flange cracked, so now i gotta take my shit apart and weld it back together... :angry:

fuck i wish i had a computer to tune all my shit!!!! lucky guy!!!! hell all us carb guys have is a flathead and an ear!

dude with the program im running, it works on carb motors... just drill a 1" hole into your exhaust, weld in the sensor bung, put the sensor in, hook up the lc-1 to a 12v, get your laptop with a serial port (or u can get a serial to usb cord, because not all laptops have serial ports) and there u go u can see ur air/fuel ratio.

are you correcting based on theoretical load or by altitude?

what the FP at full load - does correct over boost? how much, 10 - 15 psi over boost?

load, i think the fp goes up to about 45psi when boost

What is your fp supposed to be at 30 seams low

stock ca18det fp is 28psi.

load, i think the fp goes up to about 45psi when boost

stock ca18det fp is 28psi.

watch the FP gauge during a run. if its on the rail and you can't see it then you have to run an extension to where you can see it. the FP should be correction over boost. generally 10 psi over boost is going to be 41psi at 1 psi manifold pressure, 42 at 2, 43 at 3, 44 at 4 and 45 at 5 lbs man press and so on. so if you're running 10 lbs boost then you should have 50 psi FP. IF your factory system is set up to run that way - as most, but not all, were. but please watch the FP gauge during a run to verify that the 'hiccups' on your data charts either align or don't align with an irregularity in the fuel pressure. Normally, i would say that you would need more FP than 45psi when going over 10 psi MP, but as it stands the AFR is Ok at WOT so that's why i'm trying to see if the system (FP, FPR, INJ) are past their reccomended service output levels - which would show up as anomolies in your data charts. watching the FP during a run is an easy way of checking that. the other is the afforementioned inj duty-cycle monitor. is this a new or after market HP fuel pump? oem or HD wired with a relay?

watch the FP gauge during a run. if its on the rail and you can't see it then you have to run an extension to where you can see it. the FP should be correction over boost. generally 10 psi over boost is going to be 41psi at 1 psi manifold pressure, 42 at 2, 43 at 3, 44 at 4 and 45 at 5 lbs man press and so on. so if you're running 10 lbs boost then you should have 50 psi FP. IF your factory system is set up to run that way - as most, but not all, were. but please watch the FP gauge during a run to verify that the 'hiccups' on your data charts either align or don't align with an irregularity in the fuel pressure. Normally, i would say that you would need more FP than 45psi when going over 10 psi MP, but as it stands the AFR is Ok at WOT so that's why i'm trying to see if the system (FP, FPR, INJ) are past their reccomended service output levels - which would show up as anomolies in your data charts. watching the FP during a run is an easy way of checking that. the other is the afforementioned inj duty-cycle monitor. is this a new or after market HP fuel pump? oem or HD wired with a relay?

its a walbro 255 with a relay.