Need help with Air/Fuel Ratio

NCRmtrsprts510

i think i got the hang of it, i just need to fix the fucking crack on the cheap ass manifold and then tune it with the safc and keep doing pulls and i should be good..cause i just need to find out what correction is the best AFR for what rpms im good, and i know im not maxing the injectors or maf cause it pulls with no hesitation all the way to redline with it being a little on the rich side all the way, so i just need to lower the correction i think

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some more AFR graphs... let me know what you guys think??

Highlighted part is the pull, 1st run with SAFC mostly at +6% taking off an on ramp 4th gear 1500-7000rpm (or 8k, cause it just completely shut off the injectors when i was WOT, OR it could of been the limiter cause i was doing well over 100mph) unsure.gifsweat.gif

DATRUN1500-7000RPM.jpg

cruising around the streets

DATRUNDRIVINGAROUND.jpg

2nd run after correcting SAFC to 0%-2% across, about 1500-6000rpms 4th gear highway speeds WOT.

DATRUN3500-55004TH.jpg

I know haha I have the LC-1 which only has AFR, i need to get the SSI-4 interface between the LC-1 and laptop so i can see the RPM, Injector Pulse Width, Throttle Position, Driveshaft/Wheel Speed, or Boost/Vacuum, but only 4 at one time, they have the kit with both LC-1 and SSI-4 but i got the LC-1 pretty cheap. So now i just need to get the SSI-4 so i can see everything on one graph. because it is pretty hard trying to tune by just the AFR. laugh.gif

SSI-4 : http://www.innovatem...42&cat=0&page=1

LC-1+SSI-4 : http://www.innovatem...39&cat=0&page=1

I am using an LC-1 and LMA-3 Auxbox. The auxbox has RPM, MAP, EGT (input), accelerometers, and 2 or 3 (can't remember) inputs. The inputs would override the accelerometer channel.

That is my log file. I am logging methanol pressure (and at one time I was logging intake air temperature) in addition to MAP, RPM, AFR and accelerometers.

Tuning without MAP on a turbo'd car is like having sex without a condom. It only takes 1 time to royally fuck things up. :)

oh so with the LMA-3 has an internal MAP sensor? so u can hook up a vac line to the interface? as to the SSI-4 you would have to hook the signal wire from the motor?

what are the accelerometers used for?

but there is a big difference in price.. SSI-4 $130 -- LMA-3 $250.. haha