Not getting spark

So today I figured I would convert over to a matchbox dizzy but, accidentally broke the rotor and come to find out the pedestal isn't the right one. I done all this after disconnecting all the stuff for my single point dizzy. Well now I got most of it all put back together. I have spark at the coil but, not at the point. (does that make sense?) Its starting to bug me so I figured I would ask the pros. before I throw this goon off the cliff.

NOTE: It ran fine before I mest with it.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the spark is comming out the center wire from the coil(GOOD) then your look ing at the wrong point.

Did you notice where the rotor was pointing before you pulled out the old one. it should be in the same spot.

put motot to TDC and see where the rotor is. Should be assigned to #1 plug wire. and prong and reluctor should be lined up very close to the middle of the timming plate..

Make sure it not inbetween 1& 3 plug wires(magnet and recluctor will be off) if this happens your got the wrong padastal and need to move the spindal on oil pump.

Simple fix.

You can run the matchbox with the ballast resisitor and stock coil,but most people remove the coil and use a lower ohm EI coil or MSD Blaster 2.

Never use a stock point 510 coil w/o a resisitor!!!!!!!!!!!

If the spark is comming out the center wire from the coil(GOOD) then your look ing at the wrong point.

Did you notice where the rotor was pointing before you pulled out the old one. it should be in the same spot.

put motot to TDC and see where the rotor is. Should be assigned to #1 plug wire. and prong and reluctor should be lined up very close to the middle of the timming plate..

Make sure it not inbetween 1& 3 plug wires(magnet and recluctor will be off) if this happens your got the wrong padastal and need to move the spindal on oil pump.

Simple fix.

You can run the matchbox with the ballast resisitor and stock coil,but most people remove the coil and use a lower ohm EI coil or MSD Blaster 2.

Never use a stock point 510 coil w/o a resisitor!!!!!!!!!!!

The matchbox isn't on there anymore I put the single point dizzy back on because I don't have the $ to buy another rotor and right pedestal.

but, it was a tdc when I hooked up the matchbox. Then I tried to start it and got nothing that's when I noticed the broken rotor and wrong pedestal.

edit I had the matching coil for the matchbox hooked up with the matchbox

:lol:

Did you put the oil pan drain plug back in after you changed the oil?....... :P

Funny you say that when I was school a kid my class did that. 6 quarts of oil all over the ground isn't fun to clean up. :lol::lol:

the good thing about mistakes such as these is you only make them once

Thats for sure.

sisko-facepalm.jpg