Wanted 510 Wagon Rotary or 520 Rotary

Trying to find someone that might have a project vehicle or even a completed vehicle, either way I would like to try and find a 13b turbo EFI. After getting the vehicle I would like to build it up to hurt peoples feelings.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

:rofl: that's what I thought ............. ok :unsure:

I hope your not trying to hurt some our resident Honduh boys feelings are you ? :lol: that's just fishing in a barrel :rofl:

^^ he aint

:lol:

If I am able to make 450hp or more and can actually get it to hook up, I am sure there are a lot of guys out there that would have some hurt feelings off the line. Being able to autocross it as well would be hard to do though.

Not against your idea, but have you looked into Mazda Rotary pickups? You know a Ford Courier with a 12A?

They are pretty cool as another option.

No I have not considered those. I am new to the Rotary style vehicles and am still learning. Thanks for the info I will look them up.

No I have not considered those. I am new to the Rotary style vehicles and am still learning. Thanks for the info I will look them up.

Jon, mazda REPU's are hard to find. I know where about 10 or so are sitting, all for sale (was last told 650 with title.) PM me if you think you want to go that route.

you do know that the failure rate in a rotary on first start up is 30% ? And they have no torque And are very expensive to rebuild

Yup , and even the oversea's professional builders are lucky to have 30-40% success on "rebuilt" rotorary engines ( I use to own an 81 RX-7 ,,, Def a car you have to drive to understand ;)

Trying to find someone that might have a project vehicle or even a completed vehicle, either way I would like to try and find a 13b turbo EFI. After getting the vehicle I would like to build it up to hurt peoples feelings.

There has been a rotary 510 wagon off and on CL Los Angeles over the last few months. It looks clean from the pics, and the price was around $4k-ish if I recall. It doesn't appear to be selling (I don't think there's many Datsun fans who like the rotary motors) and it pops up there every couple of weeks.

Rotary motors as designed by Wankel were not designed to be "rebuilt". They suffer from chrome like seal surfaces that must be reconditioned or replaced. Its a precision chrome surface so reconditioning it is a major problem. Unfortunately the replacement of these parts is the equivalent of replacing the whole engine block or motor. Your best bet it to find a company that has a really good reputation. There is company that does complete rebuilds based down in Southern California. I used them a couple years back for a 13B turbo II. They rebuilt the engine back to original specs like it was brand new and also did some port work. I remember the cost being quite high as well.

If I can find the name of the shop Ill post it up, but I think the 510 in the ebay add above cost less than one of those rebuilds.

I have a 73 Rx2 I could sell you ;)

• 1 month later...

I am sure this car was at Shasta in 040r 05, How many Red goons,with red tinted windows :blink: ,and a rotary..

Was a very nice car many $$ put into it..

not a 1, till now :sick:

wish i had the cash though, tints comes off eaasily

:no: never seen it on the road...

Rotary motors as designed by Wankel were not designed to be "rebuilt". They suffer from chrome like seal surfaces that must be reconditioned or replaced. Its a precision chrome surface so reconditioning it is a major problem. Unfortunately the replacement of these parts is the equivalent of replacing the whole engine block or motor. Your best bet it to find a company that has a really good reputation. There is company that does complete rebuilds based down in Southern California. I used them a couple years back for a 13B turbo II. They rebuilt the engine back to original specs like it was brand new and also did some port work. I remember the cost being quite high as well.

If I can find the name of the shop Ill post it up, but I think the 510 in the ebay add above cost less than one of those rebuilds.

Mazdatrix? I kind of...happen to work there. "chrome like seal surfaces"? ...Apex seals? Steel, Carbon, Ceramic, take your pick.

Anyways...djaztek12 is selling his...and it looks verrry nice.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.