240Z suspension in a 510

What if any 240Z suspension will swap over from a 240Z to a 510. I have a chance to pick up an entire 240Z for next to nothing and was going to save the tranny the rear end etc. But I was going to swap over the suspension parts as well, if they will fit. Will the front strut/brake assembly swap over to a 72 510? Someone told me only the 280Z stuff will fit.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in-a-non-dick-way--what-would-b-the-benefit-of-runing-240z-suspensin-in-a-510?-i-realize-the-bigger-breaks-but-what-else?

I found a 510 with a clean title, but it's just a body. NO SUSPENSION AT ALL. The price is cheap and I have a 240Z parts car that I can rob parts off of, then send the hulk to the scrapper. Soooooo.... The benefit would be free parts to get the car rolling.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive heard from a few different people that if you gt 810 struts that you can run the 240 brakes and stuff (same as 810 I dont know???) and theyre a bolt in with no geometry change and the springs are the same diameter as the 510... The ZX brakes are vented and bigger though and seem like more bang for the buck to me.

If youre planning on running old school 13s the 810 stuff might be the way to go.