74 620

Voleurz

Hey,

Ive decided to start a project thread.. cause i felt like it. ive got a pretty clean truck to work with and ill update as soon as i get stuff done to it. planning on some nice rims to show off the brakes and buff up the paint a bit. firstly i have to fix a bad body mount doing that after christmas sometime.

first up need i say more?

voleurz.jpg

then this

parts-1.jpg

is going on this

datsunside.jpg

datsunfront.jpg

Enginebay.jpg

interior.jpg

bed.jpg

updates will be posted when they happen. next update expected around the 29th.

cheers.

-eric

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just got a new water pump for it gunna wait for some good weather to change it mines making some noise

ive changed the thermostat

still looking for a master cylinder (not really sure what im looking for)

trooper rear brake set up gunna do the brakes all at once

then still need some nice wheels to put on it

ill ditch the seat cover and just lay down a sweet hippie blanket or something. maybe buckets.

first things first body mount fix which me and a buddy will do between christmas and new years.

-eric

There are differences between a disc and a drum master cylinder. There is a residual pressure valve to keep a slight pressure in the system. On drum brakes where the shoe has to travel some distance to reach the inside of the drum a residual pressure of 10 lbs is common but disc brake pads that are in contact with the rotor are usually about 2 lbs. the wrong valve would cause the disc pads to rub excessively when not in use. I guess the valve could be changed or a rear disc brake master could be used. Some of the 280 zx cars had rear disc brakes I think.

thanks, i think it must be the NOS floormats that make it. the 2 body mounts are shot. both passenger ones actually. The P/Owner tried to fiberglass the passenger floorboard one and just made a mess.

theyre both getting new sheetmetal welded in on boxing day goin up to a buddies house.

todays update

changed the water pump in 30 minutes thanks to my new set of ratchet wrenches. new personal best.

Dude, If I knew where you live I come swipe that bed! REALLY nice! Musta had a top on it! you ever bag on the truck, let me know, go KC or something, I want first crack at the sale.

Red is the color or WINNERS!

Dude, If I knew where you live I come swipe that bed! REALLY nice! Musta had a top on it! you ever bag on the truck, let me know, go KC or something, I want first crack at the sale.

Red is the color or WINNERS!

haha im keeping the truck for a little bit atleast. it did have a huge canopy/wood enclosure thing on it if i find a kc im buyin it but only 78 79.

i actualy never got around to doing the floorboard ones..

i just had to tow it home cause it was running.. and then the fuseable link broke but i could fix that but then it was still not starting.. i think it was flooded cause i could smell gas and the float was full.

ill try start it in a bit see what happens..

stupid carbs.

http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=1741/591.0

that the one?

im not sure if i can afford it right now with my brake upgade almost being under way and so on.. then again maybe now is the perfect time to do it..

i might just have to redo the points for now..

anytips? it isnt really anything in the faq and a search turns up nothing

or maybe i will get it i dont know. so much shit thats been upgraded already and going to be grrrr.