Group buy CV adapter sale.

As posted on the 510 Realm. I am selling the adapter flanges for $150.00 pr kit if 10 or more buyers sign on. Because of much lower aluminum material prices I can extend the savings through a much lower price.

Build instructions can be found at this link: http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10917

Thanks guys and happy motoring.

Matthew D.

Ratsun List:

*Jesse C.

*datdime

*BJW's

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As posted on the 510 Realm. I am selling the adapter flanges for $150.00 pr kit if 10 or more buyers sign on. Because of much lower aluminum material prices I can extend the savings through a much lower price.

Build instructions can be found at this link: http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10917

Thanks guys and happy motoring.

Matthew D.

Hey mat, good to see you are still doing 510 stuff and putting that CNC machine to good use. I wouldn't mind doing some CVs and this looks like it makes it a lot more affordable than the other options available. If I get some extra cash I'll consider getting a set.

Jesse C.,

The way we do this is once I have 10 people ready to buy on a group list. I go purchase the Aluminum and begin to machine the adapters. While they are being Machined and in process people send either a Bank check or Money order.

I dont work with Pay pal any longer because of how easy it is for a person from ebay or other store methods to pretend they never recieved an item(Scammers), and get away with machined items and Money. Had it happen 2 times.

Richard,

I am still making parts for these epic little cars. This just goes toward my savings to purchase another car. Well another car that needs less work then my old one when I first purchased it.

Matthew D.

I usually wait for funds to arrive before I start shipping. I put up the cash for machine work and Material when I have confirmed buyers.

If you want on the list that is fine. Just be honorable about intent to buy at a date you can pay. I understand how things can be tight with the budgets.

Matthew

I usually wait for funds to arrive before I start shipping. I put up the cash for machine work and Material when I have confirmed buyers.

If you want on the list that is fine. Just be honorable about intent to buy at a date you can pay. I understand how things can be tight with the budgets.

Matthew

Cool, I will let you know!

The 510 realm thread says 1980-1990 axles will 91 not work or are they just not tested??Have line on some free.

I went to my local Import Parts Center which specializes in VWs. I gave him the Empi Part number and he said it was for an 86-92 Vanagon... They gave me a different part number for a pre 86 vanagon. It would be nice if some one could chime in on what year vanagon they used.

I bought Vanagon axles but ended up just using the CV's and getting Sway Away axles as the Vanagon axles would need to be cut and resplined. You can just buy Type 2 CV's and boots.

I used the Sway Away 15 5/8" 33 tooth axles (Part #2015). They come with a fair amount of spline on each end and can be easily modified to work underneath the 510. Cut a little off each end and cut 2 grooves (inner and outer). Can't remember the exact length after cutting but it was around 14 1/4 inches or so.

Robert Powell

I went to my local Import Parts Center which specializes in VWs. I gave him the Empi Part number and he said it was for an 86-92 Vanagon... They gave me a different part number for a pre 86 vanagon. It would be nice if some one could chime in on what year vanagon they used.

I think your leg work answered my question enough to at least get axles and cvs cause i don`t have the money to buy 200+ dollar axles and NEW cvs and machine work all at once (cars just not that nice and or powerful)THANKS!!

Material will be in my posession this week. Machining starts friday of this week.

Payments are as so.

Pay to Matthew Dewitt in the form of Bank cert check, or Money order.

Total: $150.00 inside the USA.

Total: $150.00+$27.00(shipping) outside of the USA

Matthew Dewitt

P.O. Box 175

Lowell OR

I will send out private confirmations once either of the above are in hand. Please when you send the payment. Please include a note with your real name and Ratsun site handle so I know who to contact?

My Cel# is 541-510-3417

Please contact me to stay updated and if you have any questions?

Thank you,

Matthew D.

Material will be in my posession this week. Machining starts friday of this week.

Payments are as so.

Pay to Matthew Dewitt in the form of Bank cert check, or Money order.

Total: $150.00 inside the USA.

Total: $150.00+$27.00(shipping) outside of the USA

Matthew Dewitt

P.O. Box 175

Lowell OR

I will send out private confirmations once either of the above are in hand. Please when you send the payment. Please include a note with your real name and Ratsun site handle so I know who to contact?

My Cel# is 541-510-3417

Please contact me to stay updated and if you have any questions?

Thank you,

Matthew D.

Will be in the mail this pay day Friday!

Thanks!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.