Just saying Hi and introducing myself

Hey everyone, i just recently came across this site and just became a member so I wanted to say hi to everybody.

My names Craig, and im the founder of Simtec Motorsports and In a nut shell I love Z cars. I have a small collection ranging from the Datsun Roadster, 240Z, Z32, R32, R33. These are cars that I started aquiring a while back when I was only a true hobbyist. Over time I began to get more and more requests to tune and modify other rides which encouraged me to change careers and do this full time. Since then I have designed and produced several unique parts and have been busy doing the R&D on several models ranging from the Fairlady roadster to the Z32.

Tuning and research development is the main focus of Simtec Motorsports. We are located in So. California, and are quite a bit different from the local Z shops that concentrate their business on repairs. We are not a repair shop (though we do handle repairs as needed to serve our client base).

We tune cars, R&D newer parts and ways to effectively modify these cars, and generally try to come up with new ways to help keep these cars at the forefront of the industry.

We offer race engines, and track prep. cars with the proper setup and tuning to run competatively. We have done turbo swaps, engine swaps, engine management swaps, fabrication, suspension alterations and pretty much anything you can think of. But as mentioned previously, we primarily concentrate on tuning, and designing new products for our faithful Datsuns.

I personally have been modifying Z cars since 1996 and was wrenching on them since I was a kid. I've been road racing them since 2000.

We have some cool products avail. that are worth checking out. And if you have any questions about anything please feel free to email.

Unfortunately running a shop and raising a family burns up alot of hours and often there's no time or energy left at the end of the day to respond to posts and I apologize in advance for that. Please contact us through our site of you need to get a hold of us. Our clients, or most other people who have had any business dealings with us know were a solid shop that stands behind all our services and products and treat our clients more like family. Hopefully this gives a little insight on who we are.

About our website... the site is setup similar to the original Gran Turismo game because I feel this game was a strong contributor of the boom our industry has felt over the last decade and its a tribute to them. It seemed fitting for what we do and its meant to be informational for the people that dont know a whole lot about cars and gives a general understanding of what mods do what. It is not meant for you guys who have more experience and extensive knowledge. You guys can email me any technical questions you may have that is not posted on out website, and someone will gladly respond.

The website IS still under construction from the changover so I apologize for the pages that arent up yet.

Thank you for your time.

Craig Simonian

SimtecMotorsports.com

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, sorry guys. I was'nt sure what was acceptable on this forum did'nt want to saturate it with links and shameless self promotion. ...but since you asked here are some links to pics.

http://simtecmotorsports.com/gall02.htm

http://simtecmotorsports.com/Gall01.htm

http://simtecmotorsports.com/gall19.htm

http://simtecmotorsports.com/gallery.htm

Damn not even 10 Min after the original post for someone to post requesting(demanding?) pics. Thats ok, as soon as he started listing the models, I scrolled down to see if there were pics posted.

Checked the links. Beautiful cars!

Hey Slixon, the cars pictured are not necessarily cars I built or worked on. ...sorry for the confusion. Some are mine, some are friends rides, some I dont even know who owns. I just post up cool pics of misc. cars... you guys are welcome to shoot me pics of your rides and I will see to it that they get posted up. The sites still a work in progress so we havent posted all the photos we have, just wanted to get some pictures up to entertain the visitors.

I thought that "POS" 620 was pretty slick but never saw it in person. The guy was asking alot for it I thought so I didnt check it out in person. Although there is obviously alot of time put into it so I dont necessarily think the amount he was asking for was too much if you wanted a 620 that was sectioned, chopped and dumped. It was just more then I would pay thats all.

Also, I setup periodic canyon runs in my neck of the woods here (Theres alot of twisties here). I will post on here when I schedule the next one.

Craig,

Welcome to Ratsun. good to see ya on here. :cool:

Just so you all know these guys build some really nice stuff. They have supported us for many years at our show in here in So Cal. The ZCCIV annual Nissan Datsun auto show.

We did miss you guys this year. :angry:

Sorry for the laggy response. I have a newborn so time is a little hard to come by lately.

Thanks for the welcome guys, and Mr Wagonmaster, thank you for the props, however I am humbled by the beautiful S30's that you posess...and the wife and I still want the radio flyer for our family get around ride.

Elmerfudpucker, im not sure what system is on that Z, but it stinks of expensive custom hardware...its just a beautiful ride so I had to put a pic up for others to enjoy.

Cheers, Craig