Lets talk paint

well its about the time for me to start gettin serious about what color i wanna paint my goon. I have the stance I want, rims an just about everything else so now its time for paint :blink: :D :D :D. now i know this is ratsun and a lot of people just say buy some rustoleum and go at it but if im gunna build my first car i wanna do at least the paint right :lol:. i have had many colors run through my head like:

2.jpg

aztec red

3976753424_7fcfb5f683.jpg

the wrx blue

stillen-blue-gtr-001.jpg

the bayside blue

30931520001_large.jpg

hypnotic teal

atlantis14.jpg

and last this antlantis blue

now the past couple days i havent been able to get that antlantis blue out of my head i mean just look at it!!!

bmw-m3-e90-atlantis-blue-ind-32.jpg

anyways i was wondering what do you guys think?? are there any other sexy paint jobs/colors i should b looking into? if so post pics..... but no yellow or orange sorry i dont think i want my goon those colors ;) and i also wanna try and stay away from pearls because im most likely going to spray it myself or have a buddy of mine spray it and i heard its extremely easy to mess up pearls and heavy flaked paint.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that is true wagdatto.. i was also looking into some grey but my friend is painting his dime... bmw steal metallic or something like that and i dont want to b the same color as him... i was also thinking mayb some greens...

there are way to many colors in the world to choose from :(

I agree blue is everywhere.

copperhead.jpg

this is from the TV show trucks.

yea i remember that truck... wasnt it called copper head or something??? there is a ka goon that root-beer/copper color and im not a fan of that color on dimes for some reason..

Mustard color IMO

TomitakuS30-11.jpg

Thats a nice color.

That truck color is tangelo orange pearl. Way over done in the hot rod scene. And very pricy to buy. And hard to shoot. Stick with non metalic paint way easier to paint.

you seem to have a bunch of variables going right now. your initial offerings were almost all blue. its your car so if you want blue go for it. in the end, you need to pick a color that matches your personality.

white= purity and perfection

red = strength and vitality

maroon = likable and generous (aole)

pink = delicate and fragile

orange = luxury and flamboyance

yellow = happiness and imagination

green= harmony and balance

blue= conservative and sensitive

purple = temperamental and artistic

brown = patience and dependable

gray= caution and compromise

black= dignified and impressive

once you pick a color, think about the finish. the frozen gray was satin/matte. it will be a bit harder to keep clean, but if painted right, a unique and eyecatching choice. tons of ratsuners do the rattlecan flat black (myself included) and it looks like shit. but shit is my aesthetic. hope this helps dude.

thanks ohpyramids! i originally planned to paint my wagon blue and try to keep it a nissan color but then i started looking more at colorsrealized how many different awesome colors there are to choose from haha. the main reason the first post had so many blues was those were the only colors i could think of at the time. i have thought about a couple maroon/reddish colors as well as some greens... mayb i should just buy more datsun so i can paint one every color i want :lol: :rolleyes:. some of the colors i have looked at i think are really awesome but not entirely sure how good the would look on a wagon like the antlantis blue.

Dat-side i have the sportmaxx xxr513's just the standard chrome.. if i do get painted rims i would go with gun metal or black. i have no plans on changing my rims to colored rims... maybe after i finish EVERYTHING will i start playing around with different rims but mine are fine just how they are