Recaro seats in 620?

Picked up this set of Recaro NJoy from the junkyard today, was wondering what rails would be the easiest to modify them onto a 73 620, or if there are any known companies that would custom make them.

Thanks!

image00037n.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Came off a VW, so it has VW Rails/Sliders, which also has a power tilt/raise thing for the seat itself.

I'm new to custom fabbing and all that jazz, i'm use to my civic and Honda interchangeability .... lol

Cool Cool, i'll try to buy a set off here if not find some at the junkyard hopefully... (Not many 620s around the junkyards here though)

Maybe sell these sliders on the VW Forums?

They are manual adjusting/sliding, electronic is just to angle the seat i guess for smaller people.

Haha, i would so take you up on that offer but i don't quite trust the ol' truck for a OC-SD Trip. :P

Really haven't driven it far so i don't quite know it's tolerance longest it's been driven is from Santa Ana to Stanton Pick your part.... well Riverside-Santa Ana when i first got it, haha.

They are not electronic Recaros, the electronic part is on the VW rails themselves not the seats.

im home now and can see the pics...they are power recaros. the only thing power about the power recaros from a VW is the forward and aft adjustment.

so you are in luck, the seat rails on those seats will in fact unbolt, and you can get the proper seat rails from your local recaro dealer and install those seats in your truck with no fabrication at all

BTW i am a VW guy, click on the 1990 Jetta GLI link in my sig i have the exact same seats in my jetta...

and you got a major score finding those in the JY, its safe to say you were one of the first people to see the car, cause i guarantee the first VW person to see them would have taken them

Guest DatsuNoob

How tall are these seats? Will you be putting them into a std or a KC? Be careful to consider height if working with a std cab. All that bracketry/sliders will raise the seat quite a bit. I tried to use BMW 3 series seats into a std cab. Nice seats. Didnt work for shit though. The way they sat my head would have hit the upper section of the door rail/cab area in a side impact situation. I picked up a set of Subie seats that worked out pretty well. Good luck bro, I'd love to see some pics of what you're workin with here.

How tall are these seats? Will you be putting them into a std or a KC? Be careful to consider height if working with a std cab. All that bracketry/sliders will raise the seat quite a bit. I tried to use BMW 3 series seats into a std cab. Nice seats. Didnt work for shit though. The way they sat my head would have hit the upper section of the door rail/cab area in a side impact situation. I picked up a set of Subie seats that worked out pretty well. Good luck bro, I'd love to see some pics of what you're workin with here.

as long as he get the Factory Recaro rails they will sit plenty low......lower than the factory 620 bench for sure...there is no worry at all of them sitting too high, trust me, its all just a matter if he wants to spend the money on the correct seat rails

seeing that you have a st cab i wouldt be worryed as much about them siting to high. but not being aboul to lean the seat back enough that the seat isnt making you sit oddly.

great find tho, even if they dont end up working out im sure you can clean them and re sell them for alot more and get some nice seats that will work and look just as cool.

Thanks for all the help guys, i'll try a few local speed shops and i also found out about this company named Wedge Engineering which makes built to order seat rails, i'll give them an e-mail tonight.

Here's a couple of pics of the truck, sorry my Civic was in the way. laugh.gif

It's a joint project between my brother and I.. Still need to work on the cut-up harness. unsure.gif

img0824ky.jpg

img0823e.jpg

img0825j.jpg

Guest DatsuNoob

as long as he get the Factory Recaro rails they will sit plenty low......lower than the factory 620 bench for sure...there is no worry at all of them sitting too high, trust me, its all just a matter if he wants to spend the money on the correct seat rails

Psshh! Man up, make your own shit. :lol: Are you serious? Why the hell would you need sliders in a std cab truck?! Just weld on a few tabs with some holes for a fixed seat, it's really not that difficult. All you need as far as adjustments in a std cab is front to back tilt, which is limited anyway. I did mine alread an d it worked out great! I got the exact seat heights I wanted after about 4hrs total and $25 in steel and hardware. Ratsun as fuck! FTW! :D

Got a ton of stuff there today, Another ST Wheel/Hub, Elephant Oilcap/ Datsun OHC Valvecover, 240z Inspection light thing, those bigass OEM Horns, switches, and some random stuff. :P

I'm not very good at fabricating, only tried welding like twice and i sucked.

I'd rather do it right and have it safe. Hehe

Psshh! Man up, make your own shit. :lol: Are you serious? Why the hell would you need sliders in a std cab truck?! Just weld on a few tabs with some holes for a fixed seat, it's really not that difficult. All you need as far as adjustments in a std cab is front to back tilt, which is limited anyway. I did mine alread an d it worked out great! I got the exact seat heights I wanted after about 4hrs total and $25 in steel and hardware. Ratsun as fuck! FTW! :D

if you haven't noticed from some of my earlier posts in other threads, im pretty much the guy that like to do it so it looks factory.

Guest DatsuNoob

if you haven't noticed from some of my earlier posts in other threads, im pretty much the guy that like to do it so it looks factory.

OK, whatever :thumbup: are you Radim's 'master fabricator' or can I make a suggestion without facing such opposition from the expert here? I could care less how the seats get mounted honestly. Just offering ideas, but I'm sure Grey Matter has all bases covered.

dd1enbjpg.gif

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

:rofl: ...Amazing :rolleyes:

Guest DatsuNoob

I was trying to be a good sport and share some of the things I experienced when custom fitting a set of seats from another vehicle. Not forcing ideas or dismissing others, merely offering a thought. I thought that's what we did in a public forum. I actually like Grey Matter just fine, I'm just not trying to get in a pissing match with someone who knows everything already. Done with this one, best of luck.

OK, whatever :thumbup: are you Radim's 'master fabricator' or can I make a suggestion without facing such opposition from the expert here? I could care less how the seats get mounted honestly. Just offering ideas, but I'm sure Grey Matter has all bases covered.

:rofl: ...Amazing :rolleyes:

bitter much?

you gave your idea, i gave mine. that's all this is.

yes welding it to the floor will work, but if you want to maintain a factory look buying the correct rails is the only way its gonna be possible, unless you have mad fabbing skills