First Post & Some Questions

J-Shooter

Hello,

I have been a lurker for some time, but now that I have had my truck for a while, I figure I should join. I recently acquired a '78 620 with about 56,000 miles. I got very lucky, and found a truck in much better shape than I hoped for. It seems to be in very good mechanical and physical shape. Some pictures are below.

Anyways, as you can see, the truck has a pretty big and faded topper on the back, and I am sure that it would look much better without it. However, as I am sure the topper is the reason for the relatively rust-free bed, I want to get something to cover the bed. I have considered bed-liner and a tonneau cover, and I was hoping you guys could offer some opinions/ideas.

Also, the flasher for the turn-signals went bad today, and I replaced it with a cheap unit from the local auto-parts store. It doesn't have the metal tab to attach it to the bottom of the dash like the piece it replaces, a part I assume is an original Niles flasher. I could secure the flasher so it doesn't hang under the dash, but I would prefer an original part. Is there a supplier for little parts like this.

CIMG1716.jpg

CIMG1717.jpg

Also, please excuse the beads on the seat. Florida summer + Vinyl seat = me more than willing to give up a bit of pride.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Nice clean 620! Hows the dash/interior? If it is as nice as the outside you have a pretty rare find. I recently got a 77 620 longbox in almost as nice shape, with a little sun fade on the yellow paint, except the old guy i bought it from had a camper on it that dented the bed out a teensy bit LOL. But finding one under 100K miles is hard to do. Mine has 91k. Keep that thing looking good!! BTW e bay has a decent selection of NOS parts still not too bad for as old as these parts are getting.

Bill

Wow that is a super clean truck! Good find! My .02, ditch the bumper, and if you want to keep the bed nice, park it in a garage or under cover. Don't put a bedliner in it if you are gonna use it for utility, you'll dent and scratch and not even know it. Line-X would look good with that orange paint...

that is one very sweet lookin truck, you my friend scored BIG time, and only 56,000 miles, that is the truck we 620 owners are lookin for, unmolested, and straight...nice find and welcome aboard...tom :D