Old member, new 1200!

rustrocket

Hey twelve hundo crew!

Earlier this year, I sold my '75 Datsun 710 wagon to another member on here. A couple months later, i got the itch for another datsun and have been looking ever since. About 2 months ago, i got word that a friend of mine was selling the sr20det out of his 1200, and after a ton of BS and my friend needing some money, i picked up the entire car project from him.

It's a '72 1200. You can't see the color real well in the pics - i couldnt figure out my camera lighting settings for my parking garage), but it's been repainted as close to the factory color as possible - 5 coats of paint and another 4 of clear. Paint was sprayed about 16 or so months ago, so it'll look great when i get some good wax on it.

Currently, it has a sr20det in there, which doesnt need much to be running. I'm actually pulling the motor to stick in my triumph, and will replace it with a s15 NEO sr20de. In a car this light, a couple hundred horsepower should be plenty, and will also save me cutting into the front end for intercooler mounts and whatnot. So, unless somebody convinced me otherwise, that's the plan.

It has 240sx s13 front brakes (huge), which means that I need some aftermarket coilovers or custom ground control units made. The rear is currently stock, but i also have a RX7 GLS-SE LSD diff that will be going in the rear, potentially on some carbon mono leafs or a 5 link with coilovers. Havent gotten there yet. As far as wheels and tires, i'm looking at some Konig Rewinds, 14x7, with some falken azenis 615k tires.

The car is a few months from being driveable, so watch out for progress.

I promise i'll have better and more detailed pics soon, but in the meantime...

P1000373.jpg

P1000372.jpg

P1000371.jpg

P1000370.jpg

P1000369.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...