Wiper Bushings......

The wipers on my truck are F***ed up...When they are on, the drivers side wiper swings all the way off the window....then when they are off, it doesn't go all the way down....Until I push them down manually..It has a lot of play in it when I move them with my hnds.. Where can I find the bushings for them????

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if it's the "bushings" the shafts that the arms connect to will wiggle around. What you're describing will have more to do with the linkage. If it's the plastic ball sockets, I'm pretty sure you can match them up at the local parts store on the wall of "HELP" parts. I'm pretty sure somebody did that on nwde....so you might check there for info.

I did take the 'spindles' apart and grease them with white lithium grease. They tend to collect dirt and water in them and get tight. This made them a little faster. Don't use ordinary grease as it will mix with water and turn into a grey goo.

I put 720 spindles on but they aren't a direct swap. I think they have 3 bolts instead of 2?... something, may be larger bolts too. The linkages won't swap because the wipers are in a different position, wider apart.

I found the pic's but they are locked in an .mhtl file. I don't have a way to host them anymore.

If you PM me I can email you the file. It will open with explorer.

Does anyone know how I can save the pics individually from an .mhtl? Bleach? Thomas?

do you mean .html???? If so, then you can just right click on each photo and click "save as" then save them to your "My Pictures" folder....Same as anyother picture you see on the internet.....If it allows you to right click on it, then you can save the picture......

example :

I saved your signature pic to my computer

245586518RM385437896.jpg

I did a writeup too... with pics

I'm not sure where the writeup is, and I just looked for pics on this computer and did not find any.

I got the "HELP!" parts from Autozone. They have a little box of bushings for wipers. You pick out the two round plastic bushings from the kit. It has four tabs on the bottom of each. Trim two of the four tabs off (opposite each other) Replace those parts, then take the wiper arms off (don't just force them down) and then reinstall at the correct 'off' position on the windshield. You may have already stripped out the base of the wiper linkage.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.