Newb ... Kevin's VQ35 Project Thread.

Hi, my name is kevin (obviously). I live in San Diego, CA. I love mountain runs, drifting, auto-x, roadrace, dragrace and gokarting. I own a 08 WRX (Trading it in for a EVO 9 soon) and a 240sx hatchback. Most OG on this forum might not like this but I actually sign up because I saw a Datsun 510 4dr that I like to have. People on my forums don't like people when they sign up just for posting things for sale or buying thing, I kinda think it's stupid. I hope I don't give you guys a wrong impression I just really want to own a Datsun 510 4dr.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I own a 08 WRX (Trading it in for a EVO 9 soon) and a 240sx hatchback. Most OG on this forum might not like this but I actually sign up because I saw a Datsun 510 4dr that I like to have.

1. Ratsun is different than any other forum on the internet. its better.

2. pics or ban.

3. those guys know their shit ^^

4. Welcome to Ratsun :cool:

Welcome, and remember, without a shit ton of work, the 510 4dr you're going to get won't brake/corner/accelerate nearly as fast as any of the other cars you mentioned. But if you try to ride it hard in it's 40 year old glory, it will break very quickly! :)

without a shit ton of work, the 510 4dr you're going to get won't brake/corner/accelerate nearly as fast as any of the other cars you mentioned. But if you try to ride it hard in it's 40 year old glory, it will break very quickly!

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even w/o beating it up they need work and are you good at fixing stuff ,maybe on the side of the road? at night

Heres the Datsun test.

1) Can you install and adjust points on the 510 dual point distributor?

2) What is a "KING PIN" kit for a datsun 521? hint ,Its not a drug dealer in S America

If both awnsers are NO. I say dont get one. By the time you learn youll say Fuck it and drive the EVO or 240sx and leave the 510 on the side of the house to Rot.

damn that guy got bashed fast hahaha.... :P i say welcome to ratsun. its an awesome place. just dont fuck up or else u will never hear the end of it...... and if u havent noticed there is a lot of datsun love around here and lots of hate for those who buy datto's and then puss out after taken them apart.... so as long as ur serious about finishing ur project u have nothing to worry about.....

o and yes banzi i still have my hubcaps and no im not ready to part with them :P..... i fixed my goon and she is road ready but is parked so i can get some things done to it before jccs

:D :D :D :D

Welcome, and remember, without a shit ton of work, the 510 4dr you're going to get won't brake/corner/accelerate nearly as fast as any of the other cars you mentioned. But if you try to ride it hard in it's 40 year old glory, it will break very quickly! :)

Thanks, I have really simple things I like to do to the car. As far as I know, I like to restore it to its original state (sand blast, tig weld, full og interior, and make sure the suspension is nice and tight but not too tight), a reliable motor yet light, watanabe and call it a day. Hopping it'll be my daily driver until I can find a 4dr skyline like my friend mike.

without a shit ton of work, the 510 4dr you're going to get won't brake/corner/accelerate nearly as fast as any of the other cars you mentioned. But if you try to ride it hard in it's 40 year old glory, it will break very quickly!

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even w/o beating it up they need work and are you good at fixing stuff ,maybe on the side of the road? at night

Heres the Datsun test.

1) Can you install and adjust points on the 510 dual point distributor?

2) What is a "KING PIN" kit for a datsun 521? hint ,Its not a drug dealer in S America

If both awnsers are NO. I say dont get one. By the time you learn youll say Fuck it and drive the EVO or 240sx and leave the 510 on the side of the house to Rot.

To answer your question, as long as I have money I should be find lol. Like I said, If i ever get one it will be fully restore before I ever drive it. I'm sure my momma will make sure of that since she's very skeptical about 40 or older year old cars lol

damn that guy got bashed fast hahaha.... :P i say welcome to ratsun. its an awesome place. just dont fuck up or else u will never hear the end of it...... and if u havent noticed there is a lot of datsun love around here and lots of hate for those who buy datto's and then puss out after taken them apart.... so as long as ur serious about finishing ur project u have nothing to worry about.....

o and yes banzi i still have my hubcaps and no im not ready to part with them :P..... i fixed my goon and she is road ready but is parked so i can get some things done to it before jccs

:D :D :D :D

If a Datsun 510 4dr is ever in my garage? You will see to it that it'll be finnish and done right. (My momma won't let me drive a car thats unsafe and I am the only child)

BTW thanks for the welcome.

I know you guys are joking, I do understand humor, I'm very hard to get pist or mad if you know me (probably not though...lol)

Thanks for the warm welcome peeps! Usually people don't give me suggestion/ oppinion on what I'm about to deal with but you guys did and I appreciate it, I don't take it offensively.

Don't worry about me, I actually wanted a 1968-1972 Nissan c10 (Hakosuka) Skyline 4dr, I'm still searching but at the mean time a Datsun 510 4dr will do just fine.

My inspiration was the first time I saw one at east lake, San Diego, CA owned by mike. From then on the search had begun. It's been a while but I have my mind set on it. Like I said for know, a Datsun 510 4dr will do just find :)

Is your mom single??? $$$$$$$$

maybe I should sell my beater 4 dr to you!!!!!!!!!!

if you got that kind of money just wait to buy one done with all the mods already.

They come up for sale time to time.

I seen a SR20 DET with super nice forged wheels/new paint and no rust sell for 7K$ Guy was just done with it and wanted a fast sell. Car would go for alot more in other areas

YOUR RIGHT

The 4 doors look better. I think they are classier and also stronger