ford 460 in a 620, i need you opinion.

Craig

Ok I just got a 1973 datsun 620 truck last week. I want to custom it out from top to bottom. I was thinking of using some type of datsun motor. today a 460 and trans from a 70s f250 fell in my lap. I want the ratsun community to help me decide. Please tell me why I should or shouldn't use the 460. Also what problems I might face. Thanks. I will get some pictures of the truck in the next few days.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out this will be more work then I am ready for right now. So I will rebuild the L16. Does anyone in so-cal have parts. Ill post a picture of the motor tonight. I know for sure I need a cam. It looks like a rust stick. any help would be great.

wow, im glad that your not like all the other assholes that get on here asking about how to put bigblock in their truck. some people just dont understand how intensive a swap like that is...

but anyways, keep on it with that L16. what you should do is try and sell that bigblock and get a running L20 and drop that in it!

I'd just go for a KA swap, you want speed and reliability with the talk of the 460 swap. speed is possible with a L20 but you're SOL with reliability!

Huh? The L20B is at least as good, maybe the KA is a shade better?(who can really say) but you can fix an L20B on the side of the road with a scrounged piece of fence wire and a rock. Try that with your ECU/MAF/O2/TPS/CAS. laugh.gif

L20B: got gas and spark... it'll run.

KA: Got a code 666 WTF is a 666? Hey Damien! get the hook and tow it back to the shop.

Huh? The L20B is at least as good, maybe the KA is a shade better?(who can really say) but you can fix an L20B on the side of the road with a scrounged piece of fence wire and a rock. Try that with your ECU/MAF/O2/TPS/CAS. laugh.gif

L20B: got gas and spark... it'll run.

KA: Got a code 666 WTF is a 666? Hey Damien! get the hook and tow it back to the shop.

Damn straight, you tell em mike! L motors are very reliable.

I have also been told that the Chevy 4.3 can be done up good and have room in the 620. What do you all think of it? I am rebuilding the l16 for now. I have a lot of other things to fa as well. The pictures are posted in my other diss called my intro and 73 620

I have also been told that the Chevy 4.3 can be done up good and have room in the 620. What do you all think of it? I am rebuilding the l16 for now. I have a lot of other things to fa as well. The pictures are posted in my other diss called my intro and 73 620

Yup, the Vortec 4.3's in the 96-up GMC Sierra/ other trucks was an excellent engine. They use a lot of parts in common with the SBC 350, because it is basically a 350 with 2 less cyl. Parts are east and cheap and the engines can be build well over 400HP.

Make sure you post some pics during project that will be fun one to watch!!!!

Sure u dont wanna help haha. i got it out of a 91 gmc syclone ive ben looking for parts but there way two rich for my blood ither gunna put a carb on it or get a parts truck an steal the computer an throttle body out of it.