got my third datsun 620!

squatches

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the door build date tag. L20Bs were installed starting in Sept '74. I could be wrong but usually the rad support isn't straight across like this one. The L20B needed a larger rad and the support usually bulges outwards to accommodate it. Like this:

CIMG1198.JPG

Perhaps the different rad support was added the next year and the early L20Bs had the older style? Maybe this was an older truck and the L20B was swapped in?

ha we all make mistakes i actually thought it was gonna be an l18 but started cleaning it up a little bit and looked at block and it says l20b

IMG00883.jpg

and heres a few more of the truck and the other one to

IMG00873.jpg

IMG00874.jpg

IMG00871.jpg

IMG00876.jpg

IMG00875.jpg

I see that this isn't an L20B from way over here. So L16 or 18

block is stamped l20b

:o OOOHHHH :o

are you saying the King Rat is wrong?!?!?!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Check the door build date tag. L20Bs were installed starting in Sept '74. I could be wrong but usually the rad support isn't straight across like this one. The L20B needed a larger rad and the support usually bulges outwards to accommodate it.

Perhaps the different rad support was added the next year and the early L20Bs had the older style? Maybe this was an older truck and the L20B was swapped in?

all the door plate says is 4/74 and all the wieght stuff but the plate and the sticker in the engine bay say l18 so engine is swaped

Wahahahaha.... in your face skunk!!!!

Well, ok it was an L20B but it's not an L20B truck.

Wahahahaha.... in your face skunk!!!!

Well, ok it was an L20B but it's not an L20B truck.

lol

gonna pull the engine today and get it cleaned up a little bit more before i bring into basement to work on

well got two more pics of the 75 today while i was pulling the starter. hopefully parts store will have the new one in today :D

0605001530.jpg

0605001531.jpg

anyone else seen or have a bumper like this one? every one of my trucks i have picked up have one on there. they say fouts bros on one side and smyrna, ga. on the other

IMG00867.jpg