how can you tell for a fact that an LSD is truly an lsd?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many threads have you started inline4 ? :lol:

only indy is allowed to ask that question. :o

actually if anyone has pics of what a stock rear end and an lsd rear end look like that would be great. same thing goes with a welded rear. that would help out a lot.

only indy is allowed to ask that question. :o

actually if anyone has pics of what a stock rear end and an lsd rear end look like that would be great. same thing goes with a welded rear. that would help out a lot.

:lol: Fair enough :P :D ;) Indy would you ask for me then ? :lol:

indy_g2.jpg

Are you planning on a swap soon ? A good question would be how to pay for one ! ( in portland metro area up in Oregon , there is a guy that wants like $500 just for the 87-89 300zx LSD's to go into the 240-280z series :blink: It's just the differential and nothing else :mellow: :rolleyes: ( IDK if they are VLSD or CLSD ? )

:lol: Fair enough :P :D ;)

Are you planning on a swap soon ? A good question would be how to pay for one ! ( in portland metro area up in Oregon , there is a guy that wants like $500 just for the 87-89 300zx LSD's to go into the 240-280z series :blink: It's just the differential and nothing else :mellow: :rolleyes:

$500 is a good price. R200 open diffs are cheap/free...

Turn the input flange. If both sides turn the same direction, it's LSD. If one turns forward and one turns rearward, it's open.

AND JEEZUS H CHRISTMAS, START WRITING MORE THAN ONE SENTENCE AND STARTING EVERY THREAD WITH A QUESTION!!!!!!!

Turn the input flange. If both sides turn the same direction, it's LSD. If one turns forward and one turns rearward, it's open.

AND JEEZUS H CHRISTMAS, START WRITING MORE THAN ONE SENTENCE AND STARTING EVERY THREAD WITH A QUESTION!!!!!!!

:rofl:

$500 is a good price. R200 open diffs are cheap/free...

They just doubled there value around my area , I guess I am still in shock :blink:

for me also noticing the Skyline LSD's were $300 shipped with axles just a couple months ago off flea bay, but IDK much about the entire swaps so I stick with my cheapy opens :P ;)

Guess I am not ready to pay that much and will miss out :mellow: :lol:

.. both will also turn the same direction if it's welded. If you see one that both axles turn the same direction, open it up to make sure. Welded diffs aren't something you want on your street car.. or any car IMHO.

They just doubled there value around my area , I guess I am still in shock :blink:

for me also noticing the Skyline LSD's were $300 shipped with axles just a couple months ago off flea bay, but IDK much about the entire swaps so I stick with my cheapy opens :P ;)

Guess I am not ready to pay that much and will miss out :mellow: :lol:

Problem with the newer LSDs is the spline counts don't match any of the old u-joint stub shafts so you're looking at custom axles at a minimum = $$$ and one-off parts that if broken will leave you high and dry.

.. both will also turn the same direction if it's welded. If you see one that both axles turn the same direction, open it up to make sure. Welded diffs aren't something you want on your street car.. or any car IMHO.

+1 , yup and are a Bitch to park !