521 temp gauge

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A bad v/r will affect the gas gauge too.

With the key on ground the sensor wire. This should cause the gauge to read full hot. If not pull the gauge cluster and check the connector and the meter connections.

Is your gas gauge working? They both use a regulator on the back of your dash pod and if neither the temp or the fuel gauge work, that regulator is the first suspect.

I pulled mine, took it apart and tried to clean it and it still didn't work. Thankfully I could still get one from Nissanparts.cc.

If you download the parts number book from olddatsuns.com you should be able to get the number for it. I think it was like $24 or something.

you can get the senders EZ

the hard part is breaking that 16mm hex holdeing the sender in. What usually happens is you break the Lower stat housing!!!!!!!!!!!!! BE CAREFUL OR USE A TORCH TO HEAT IT. Or have another lower housing ready to go with a new sender and hex nut. I cracked one or 2 in my time. I just now have spare lower stat housing incase they go bad.

Go to junk yards and get spares or from other peoples L motors when they upgrade to KA/SRs

• 2 weeks later...