Great news for you ZX guys--

DRIVEN

For you guys that missed Pawn Stars this week...A guy drives in his clapped out, barely running '80 Anniversary Edition. Here's how it goes.

Rick: Can you pop the hood?

(Z Guy cranks and cranks until it sputters to life, backfires through the intake and idles super rough.)

Z Guy: All these Zs were cold blooded but I just drove it 80 miles and ran perfect. It just needs a tune-up.

Rick: What do you want to do with it? Pawn it or sell it?

Z Guy: I want to sell it.

Rick: How much you thinking?

Z guy: I'd like $28,000.

Corey: Come on Dad, let's go.

Rick: Uh, that's not gonna happen.

Z Guy: Fixed up it's worth $60-$70.

Rick: In my opinion it's worth about 4 grand.

Z Guy: Would you come up to 10?

Rick: No.

Z Guy: Would you come up any?

Rick: None.

Z Guy: Well I need the money. I guess I'll go 4 grand.

Corey: Dude, you're not really gonna buy this car, are ya?

(Mechanic comes out and gives his honest opinion after a test drive)

Mechanic: Transmission is slipping, sounds like a popcorn machine, exhaust leak. If you pay any money for this car, the OLD MAN will have our butts in a sling. I wouldn't get into it, that's my opinion.

Z Guy: Where did you go to mechanics school?

Rick: I'm sorry. If he's telling me it's that bad, I can't put the money out.

Z- Guy: That's a crock.

If you get a chance - catch this episode. True comedy!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh I saw it too. The car wasn't entirely bad, but in rough shape for the money. I thought it was hilarious because in the outtake shots the dad was like "We can make a ton of money" and I'm thinking, dude you probably won't even break even on it.

:rofl: yeah I saw it , only "needs a tune-up" --->>> :confused: ---- ssssssoooooooo why didn't the owner do it so he could collect the rest of the $$$ that he claimed it was worth , what an "interesting" proposal by the Owner :rolleyes:

Every car I have ever looked at when the owner says "just needs a tune-up is all" or something to that effect , I get neorotic and start picking the car apart even if it is a common problem :o , :lol: , :P and for good reason since a large portion of the cars I have looked at associated with that phrase end up being - :poop:

• 2 weeks later...

In reality its probably much easier to sell a really clean turbo 280ZX for 4 grand than a clean 1980 anniv edition.

it deff is, theres really nothing different about a normal 1980 than the paint, plaque, and saying its an anniversary edition.

like the ZXR, there was only a small amount made, but its just a 280zx with stickers and a wing

It also had "special" painted iron cross wheels, and leather seating surfaces. Headlight washers too...don't know if that was special for that year or not.

I saw that episode too..I about crapped my self when he said fully restored they were worth 60-80 thousand...guess I should have kept mine..lol