Pickin up a L520

Well looks like I'll be adding a 520 to my collection of datsuns. A 1966 L520 P/U. The guy wants $500.00 for it. Says it runs and has new interrior. I don't even know what color it is. Don't really care. Going to take my truck & trailer down on Wednssday and pick it up. I'll keep you guys posted, And as soon as I can I'll put some photos up. Can't go wrong for $500. Right?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luv that truck.:D:D

its something about the 520 front end i love which is prolly why i prefer the 520 over the 521

The Chevy Luv coppied it!!!:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/80Chevyluv.jpg[/img]"]80Chevyluv.jpg

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Well I picked up my new truck last night. It's 1969 pl521 The guy had no Idea what it was. Over all not to bad, I was able to drive it on the trailer, Has a nice new front bench seat, New windshield, New front tires, A little rust but not bad. $500.00 I think I did good. I'll let it sit for awile I just have to many cars right now to start another project.

How do you confuse a 66 w/ a 69? HaHa gotta love PO's. Does it have the J 13 or an L 16? and........pics please :D

I have no idea why he thought it was a 66. The door tag says 1969 PL521. The guy was sure. He was like NO It'S A 66. Im lookin at the door tag, well it says right here 1969. As soon as I looked at the head lights. I said I think this is a 521. It has the j 13 motor. I'm going to put a l 20B. I'll take some photos tomorrow. The thing is runnin 30x9.5 15 tires in the back. Looks funny as hell. The wheels must be off a 6 lug chevy. Thry are really wide. I think I'll keep them on