Scored a Z!!!!

CharlieBucket

I finally used my trailor this weekend. I was iching to get it into action. I bought the 77 280z. It's an ok car, for some reason it was coverted to a small weber carb from Fuel Injection. If i keep it, i will finish it with sidedrafts of some sort. Acually came with a title,{rare in GA, since we dont need themm pre-1985} but no key! Perfect dash, bad seats, and not to much rust. Bad-ass wood screw hood scoop, and racing stripe! i didn't have a chance to spray it off. It still has this years pollen all over it.

e383bbc4.jpg

146bf6d5.jpg

3559d9c3.jpg

eabe2af5.jpg

I will turn over and sound pretty good, if you do the hot wired coil trick and pour gas down the carb.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what i was thinking, he just couldn't take it anymore! This car will get SU carbs for sure. The jumper wire is probelly there mostly because there is no key to the car. That's what the guy told me{the seller, not the custom carb man} There might not be much progress on this one, i think i am trading to a friend. He will sort it out a lot faster than i ever would. I still want a 83 turbo zx, something about those t-tops just kills me. and Bleach that front end you have is killer. Did it go into production yet?

• 1 month later...

That is the strangest carb conversion I've ever seen. The jumper wires running around also look pretty rigged up. The person who did that must have been frustrated with fuel injection electrical problems :)

That is very strange.

you know what's funny? it acaully works! i fired it up the other day. And i got a new 240z hood. I still plan on some SU's or something, but my other projects come first.

:lol: ahhhhhh nice :D Yeah , The SU's are pretty hard to beat once you clean em , tune em , and seal them up. The only thing is my throttle shaft bushings are shot so I have to adjust about every 3 weeks or so , but other than that they work great :lol: ( I just put a Car-Tech 4bbl Manifold on my 240z with a Holley 390cfm 4bbl Carb the last couple of days , and the fawkin thing runs great !!!---> Smooth , responsive and powerful :cool: )

Only thing is I am waiting for custom throttle cable to come to me so I can drive :mellow: <_<

Hey CharlieBucket ,

Do you have a brand name on that 2bbl carb ? maybe some model numbers ? ( I am curious of the cfm of that thing , but maybe you already know :lol: ?

Thanks in advance :D

PS ( Is the vacuum advance hooked up or am I just blind ? :huh: simply curious :) )

Well i ended up getting rid of this car this weekend. i don't know what kind of carb that was. I traded it for some work done to my toyota crown. i still want a Z someday but i can never seem to find the right one, at the right time. the new owner will most likely have the Mcgruber carb set-up off quickly!

Well i ended up getting rid of this car this weekend. i don't know what kind of carb that was. I traded it for some work done to my toyota crown. i still want a Z someday but i can never seem to find the right one, at the right time. the new owner will most likely have the Mcgruber carb set-up off quickly!

:blink: .... Weak ... <_<

Well yeah , that's how life goes , but the rust process isn't going to get any better "someday" is the problem. Best of luck in the future.

Ooooohh found another Atlanta guy lol. The Z looks to be in decent condition and will be a fun build!

I don't know Z's that well and even I knew that carb looked funny on there O.o

When you get it finished you should drive over to East Cobb and let me see it!

Good luck and have fun with it.