My Space

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear I love building the tools and adapters far more than actually working on Datsuns!!! I want to redo the spare 320 rearend.....so another adapter for the engine stand is in order :)

It still needs a couple of plates added to the ends....cause I'm not to bright!!! Oh well! Once the plates are on, the leaf perches will sit on the plates on the ends and will be held down with some small "J" hooks. That will allow me a lot of access to clean/paint.

DCP_9017.jpg

DCP_9018.jpg

I was going to use old bed frame angle iron to brace the ends, but the 300zx sway bar worked just right! :)

If I want it lower, I can mount it to the other eng stand. With this one, I can take it in the back yard and pressure wash it!

The blue angle is from old postal equipment I've scrapped in the past.....don't see any need to waste time cutting off the extra brackets.

I guess I forgot to update the my space thread when I got the mill/drill....

Rather than search the nearly 1300 posts by Mklotz70, you have a handy link to the original thread?

Also, what blaster cabinet do you have? I'm thinking (yeah, yeah, dangerous) I need one.

Sorry..no clue on the original thread....I'd have to search for it just like you. Challenge is that I didn't orginate the original....somebody else did and it was actually about MySpace.com stuff.

The cabinet is a Speedway from Homier. I paid about $69 for it and then built the stand. I built it to be comfortable for me....it kills everyone else's backs! I modified it for better air flow so the shop vac could keep the dust down. It's got glass beads in it. :)

Glad you like the stand....it has it's own thread :)

Rather than search the nearly 1300 posts by Mklotz70, you have a handy link to the original thread?

Is this the thread that you are asking about? On page 2 a few posts down, there are pictures that Mike posted of his space. Basically some of the same picture he has on this thread. But maybe you wanted it for something else. Anyway hope this helps if that is what you were looking for. http://www.forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=1130&page=2

I swear I love building the tools and adapters far more than actually working on Datsuns!!!

Mike I couldn't agree more :D When it comes down to it if I had to bolt factory parts on I would be so board! Working on a old rusty rigs is usually just frustrating... Then when it comes time to put it back together I'm usually to broke to put new shinny NOS parts on.... So I to get more enjoyment out of spending my time tinkering with the small details. Looking at the big picture (a rusty datto) makes me tired!!

Not that I make any classy adapters or anything :D

Is this the thread that you are asking about? On page 2 a few posts down, there are pictures that Mike posted of his space. Basically some of the same picture he has on this thread. But maybe you wanted it for something else. Anyway hope this helps if that is what you were looking for. http://www.forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=1130&page=2

Ahhhh, now I remember that thread. Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Man....google does a MUCH better job of searching ratsun!! I was trying to figure out where to put some new pics....figured why not here :)

New additions to the shop from the swap meet yesterday!!

Still made by the same people that made it under the Henrob name....just the name changed. Check out www.cobratorches.com if you aren't familiar with this baby. It will weld everything but Titanium from really, really thin up to about 3/8". It will cut like a plasma, up to 1". It does it with about 60% less gas than a regular torch. I just might start using my O/A setup again! I've had a full O/A setup for years....but it's only been used maybe twice in the last 3 years.

100_0246.jpg

Been wanting one of these for years. For those that aren't sure what this is, it will let me check the hydraulic pressure in the brake system. I will be able to actually measure how much pressure difference there is between master cylinders. I just need to come up with a way to put a measured amount of pressure on the pedal...and preferably do it on the bench so I don't have to mount/dismount different m/c's in the rig! :)

100_0244.jpg

100_0245.jpg