Project 510 Wagon '71

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's going to be sweet when it's done! Did you get the bumpers rechromed? If so, where did you have them done? I need to get my bumpers straightened and replated, if you know of any place here in Socal that does a good job, I'd love hear about it!

• 2 weeks later...

Love this and love that you do it together. So here is my question for you Lovely.

My daughter is 7 and my only child. She is freakin amazing! But I keep asking if she wants to get out in the garage and wrench with me, but she's all Polly Pockets, Webkinz and Horse back riding! Which is fine!

Every now and then I get her to look at car magazines with me and pick her favorite, and she goes to car shows but could care less about the cars really. Again totally fine! I'd never impose my hobbies on her.

Honestly, if my daughter never likes cars I don't care in the slightest. I let her know she can do anything she puts her mind too and nothing is impossible.

BUT, but, but... Lovely, I wonder when you got the bug to work on cars. How old were you when you took an interest in them? Is there still hope? Or are you born with it? :D

Love this and love that you do it together. So here is my question for you Lovely.

My daughter is 7 and my only child. She is freakin amazing! But I keep asking if she wants to get out in the garage and wrench with me, but she's all Polly Pockets, Webkinz and Horse back riding! Which is fine!

Every now and then I get her to look at car magazines with me and pick her favorite, and she goes to car shows but could care less about the cars really. Again totally fine! I'd never impose my hobbies on her.

Honestly, if my daughter never likes cars I don't care in the slightest. I let her know she can do anything she puts her mind too and nothing is impossible.

BUT, but, but... Lovely, I wonder when you got the bug to work on cars. How old were you when you took an interest in them? Is there still hope? Or are you born with it? biggrin.gif

hey well i could say im some much as ur daughter. i use to play with those polly pockets, and i love love horse back riding. but i also have that tomboy in me. well to answer your question about how i got the bug for cars, well i was always a daddys little girl. and i always wanted to do everything my dad would be doing. like if i saw him working on the car i would go stand next to him and just get grease and dirty myself. i dont think that he was the one who gave me the bug but i just started loving old classic cars. but ever since my dad passed away 7 years ago i never was able to get into cars because in my house it was four of us, my parents, my sister and me. i was always daddys little girl and my sister was always mommys girl. so when my dad pass i pretty much had no one to help with cars. i was only a child maybe your daughters age. i really cant remember how old i was when i got the bug, i was only 12 going on 13 when my father passed away but i do remember i was young, til i met crucial, for almost a year now ive been getting into cars more and more. i guess you can say i grew into it.

and about still having hope for your daughter to get into cars dont ever lose that hope. maybe one day she'll start walking in and ask if she can wench with you. from what it looks like from what you told me it seems like shes getting into it little bit at a time. wink.gif

and thanks for asking how i got into it. no one has ever asked.

-lovely-

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the rug done this weekend with the help of my dad. We used the original torn up rug to cut out the patterns for the new rug so tat made it easier.

here it is... it hasnt been glued down or anything just test fitting it

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

oh got a new steering wheel too...

IMG_3576.jpg

my dad stitched on a trim of vinyl all around the carpets edges n also added a lil plastic mat on the driver side to make it look like the original

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3572.jpg

thats it for now still have to cut out and glue on the bottom padding before i can put the carpet over but at least we got the hard part out of the way

• 3 weeks later...

well its been a while since my last post but here's an update... Got the carpet finished n the dash is now in just have to plug all the wires n install a radio with some speakers but shes definitely on her way

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

found these speakers laying around n since my rear panels already had speaker holes cut into them by the P.O. i decided to try em out see how the sound would be

IMG_0094.jpg

Lil guard dog wink.gif

IMG_0092.jpg

most of the dash in

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg